02

song:
fear - seventeen

SPIRITS CRUSHED

Fear flooded the delicate angel. Her eyes were widened and her breathing was irregular. She at that moment wanted to ascend back to heaven and never return. Her terrified eyes were stuck on his cold eyes. The flashes of red subsided but the coldness his dark brown eyes had were just as terrifying.

In an impulse, she took a step back feeling scared but the guilt was building up in her heart. She didn't want to be afraid but that was engraved into her. Every angel knew to be cautious because demons are impulsive with not one ounce of regret for their prey.

"I... I am so...so sorry," she fumbled out of her mouth barely above a whisper. His head that was looking down at her cocked to the side and a twisted smirk came up enjoying the girl in front of him squirm. She begins pulling her backpack in front of her. Her hands shaking -trying to release her nerves- she zipped open the pocket and searched through it half hazard.

Pulling out a light blue silk scarf that she normally put in her hair; she extended her hand in front of him looking at him pouting unknowingly to her. "You can use this to clean your shoes."

His eyes bored into hers as she held her arm out, lazily reaching his hand she thought everything would be okay. That this misunderstanding was about to resolve. But instead of grabbing the scarf, he grabbed her wrist tightly making her jump in her spot.

"You think I should clean up your mess?" He said while applying more pressure to her wrist. She panicked her minding exploring the worst of what he would be going to do. She looked around helplessly looking for someone to rescue her.

He took a step closer dipping his head down to her ear. Their faces were centimeters apart as his fangs were out. "You clean it up or I'll kill you right here," he said in a breathy voice.

The two were so close to each other. He could hear the internal turmoil while her skin was crawling with fear.

"She's not going to do that, she apologized and that's the end of it demon." A voice from behind Idalia said making Minghao eyes flash red.

"When did angels get so bold?" Taunting the angel from behind her he moved even closer to her neck making her blood quicken even faster.

Minghao could hear her heart pulsating making his mouth water at her fear and the smell of her blood. He smirked at the angel who looked at him with fear in his eyes. "I'll do it." She said softly so only he could hear her.

He took a step back giving the clumsy angel space. She desperately tried to calm herself but it was no use as the boy in front of her eyes was still dark and devious. Folding the scarf with shaky hands she began to crouch slowly trying to gain composure.

The boy behind her began making his way towards them, "Don't do it, Idalia, don't give him more of an ego."

She turned her head around, "Joshua, just be quiet okay?" Her voice let out shakily. Reaching her hand slowly to his shoes she began wiping them off in a hurry trying to get out of this nightmare.

Once she was finished she rose quickly keeping her eyes focused on his chest not daring to look at him. While a dark laugh came from the demon. "Seems like you just ruined your friendship darling." He said mentioning that Joshua indeed had left the situation.

Looking behind her at the absence of her friend tears started to try to fall from her eyes but she blinked them away quickly.

"Pathetic," He hurled, aiming right at the center of Idalia's pride. The degrading word hit perfectly causing her to turn her head towards him.

His eyes were now dark brown; his anger no longer fueling him. Instead, he looked more bored if anything. He could care less about her. Honestly, he would rather kill her than keep her living.

She could sense that and all her optimistic feeling toward Demons vanished.