25

song:
pharmacy - isaac dunbar

THE THIN WIRE SNAPPED

For some reason, Idalia has never felt so much anticipation as she does right now as Joshua and her sit away from the group, linings of small trees and bushes separating them from the group.

Her pleated skirt was being fiddled with by her fingers as she looked past Joshua as his eyes stayed staring into hers.

Even if she wasn't looking at him, her peripherals showed the hurt that laid so obviously on his face, but even in these moments, Idalia couldn't pinpoint exactly where his anger was coming from.

Something about the emotions he displayed seemed so much deeper than her fleeing away from him- he was definitely more hurt than the others.

Before she could gain courage he was the first to speak up as the wind breeze flowed around them it was quite chilling.

"Is he more important to you than us?" He asked, his words feeling like a slap to the face.

"No, why would you think that?" She asked as her face heated up.

"C'mon Ida, you haven't even spoken to us in weeks! You've been too concerned with a demon who hates you." He remarked, even if his words were quite blank the passive aggressiveness was blatantly obvious.

"I know and I'm sorry," Idalia owned up, it wasn't like he wasn't telling the truth. The girl had spent all her time away from her friends because she got carried away.

"And now! You're going to die, you got the death call... all because you nosed into someone else's business," He continued the ending of his phrase quieter but she still heard it clearly and it made her tensed up.

Her sensitivity heightened from his words that hit harder than she would've liked. And even though tears were begging to spill she wouldn't let them, not right now at least.

"I can't change it, Joshua, I wish I could," She whispered to her, gaining the courage to look into his clouded warm eyes.

She was almost pleading with him with the look she gave because Idalia didn't want Joshua to hate her. There were too many memories and she cared too much for him to despise her.

Joshua had already built a sheet over their friendship once she disappeared for a long time. Even when she turned him away in front of Minghao, Joshua began to change his perspective on her.

Idalia wasn't the angel she used to be. Anyone could see that clearly and that made his feelings change for her. It was painful, yes, but Joshua didn't want to have to bear the weight that was Idalia.

He couldn't.

"Joshua..." She squeaked as he got up, picking up his bag he brought ready to turn his heels and cut ties with her- it was necessary for him, he needed it.

So at least for now, he needed to no longer have Choi Idalia in his mind. "You just left and that hurt Ida, I- just for now I need to clear my head from you..." He spoke knowing this might be the last conversation they have.

"Take care," he ended their friendship with those words- or at least postponed it. That's when Idalia couldn't hold in her emotions anymore. Tears spilled and she cried out her ugly pain showing clear.

Idalia's consequences to her actions were finally catching up to her and it stung.

She mopped again, and for some reason, maybe because of her stronger emotions those impenetrable voices trailed back into her head which made her nauseous.

Her habit of rubbing her ears came back as she shakily walked up the school's steps looking for the nearest bathroom.

Once she found it she didn't notice the familiar looming figure because her mind was too occupied with searching through her bag for the medicine Jeonghan gave her.

She searched through the bag that was messy which was a newer trait Idalia had picked up through all the chaos. She sighed in frustration as she couldn't find the blue stained jar as the voices got louder.

Behind you. Almost time. Over there.

She was so tempted to shake all the contents out of her bag on the floor right outside the restroom. She needed the medicine because the voices felt more intense and the ringing was getting louder to the point where it was becoming deafening.

It shrilled in her ears as her hands became shaky and the strap of her bag fell to her inner elbow as her grip on the bag released from another scream in her ear making her knees weak.

She fell to the floor along with her bag making the hallway echo from the noise. Her hands flew to her ears hoping it would alleviate the voices but it did nothing and her tears kept on slipping down her cheeks as she couldn't even concentrate anymore.

Luckily everyone was in their respective classes so no one could hear the desperate whimpers of the angel except for the person standing down the hallway battling the urge to help her inside his head.

"Dammit," he muttered as his feet didn't allow anymore hesitation from him and sent him walking towards the balled-up angel whose eyes were crinkled shut.

He didn't know exactly what she was looking for but he knew it had to be in her bag because of her actions moments ago. So he searched quickly as his adrenaline was pumping a little faster for some reason.

She didn't notice his figure right in front of her. She was in her own head fighting off the whispers of insanity until a blazing warm hand on her shoulder made her open her eyes.

His hair was shorter but it fell over his forehead and still was shiny black. His eyes were practically blank but the gold swirled in them frantically as he held the blue stained jar in his hand.

"Is this what you need?" He asked as she gazed over the label.

"Voces quietam"

She tried to nod but her head was too heavy as the ringing and whispers were becoming too much. At any moment she felt as though she could pass out from its extremeness.

Luckily Minghao understood the label and opened the jar pulling out a pill that almost glimmered under the lights handing it to her in her palm.

Her shaky hand grabbed it swallowing the pill down her dry throat as she was finally exhaling the breath she had kept for too long.

And slowly the voices blurred away out of her ears and the banshee-like cries muffled.

joshua don't be meannn >:(also we love witchessss in this household ;)how we feeling ??? like the hot and coldness of minghao??

also we love witchessss in this household ;)
how we feeling ??? like the hot and coldness of minghao??