30

song:
strangers - taemin

THE PUZZLE PIECES

His eyes glowed. He stared at himself, hatred itching on his skin. He kept staring at his eyes in the mirror hoping the mirror would fix the distorted mess that he was.

There was no growth, no adjustment towards these changes. The battle between good and bad fought inside him, still preserving to win.

But all that brought him was boats of pain and negative thoughts towards himself. And anger was rising to unstoppable heights as he remembered that he couldn't even trust his closest friend.

How could he get by? And was fighting even worth it when his fate ended the same?

In his own home, he contemplated everything that seemed to matter to him. Sitting on the cool floor brought him peace as everything inside him was blazing.

That's when he noticed something that seemed out of place, a box with a velvety fabric encasing it underneath the coffee table.

It was foreign, he had never seen it before but it intrigued him, and anything that made him feel something other than anger was good enough for him to reach and grab onto the box.

Getting the corners he slid it towards himself noticing the official golden seal placed on top of the cover.

What is something official doing in his house? His fingers grazed the box hesitating to open the lid and see what could be inside.

With courage he lifted the box, blinking rapidly as many new clippings stood out to him. His heart dropped.

"What the hell is going on?"

Jun felt guilty. He was disgusted with himself as he watches the worrisome angel practically run to the spot where she always met the demons.

He watched from a distance and even though her silhouette was far away he could feel the racing of her heart and it built more guilt into his own.

She quickly sat down and soon pulled out something and moments after his own phone buzzed in his pocket making him glance down.

Idalia to all:
emergency. can we meet at the spot?
seen- all

It was Mingyu's idea to make a group chat with all of them in it. He mentioned that we wouldn't be contactless if something happened.

But it made Jun panic as he was so close to her, subconsciously he took steps back. His body began to warm up from nervousness.

The chat buzzed some more and soon after the boys began to fill up the table. Jun kept his distance because if he could just waste some minutes and not hear anything important then he wouldn't have to report it back to his dad.

So he watched as they all seemed to be in a serious conversation and  the occasional shoulder pat Vernon gave to Idalia in consolation made him worry more.

What was going on? And where is Minghao?

His ears all of the sudden picked up the conversation at the worst moment.

"One of your parents was a demon then."

"They're both dead so it's not like I could ask them."

Something twisted inside him and his darkest worries fluttered in his brain.

It could not be who he thought, no it can't be. If what he's thinking is true then things just got a lot more complicated.

He continued to decipher their faces; getting lost in his thoughts for most of it. His feet took a few more steps backward.

He glanced down at the grass as tragic memories invaded his thoughts and his mouth went dry. He wanted to push everything away but his father's word from a child to now kept on ringing in his ears and it made his hands tremble.

A life for a life...

A new figure approached the group and even from afar Jun could easily recognize his best friend.
The one he's going to hurt in the end.

But he didn't recognize the box in his hand. At least why Minghao would have something official. But as he watched he saw how all their faces showed shock and he noticed how Minghao's hand hesitated but succeeded in grabbing Idalia's shoulder in comfort.

When he listened in, his whole world came crashing down because now they all knew his family secret.

"Jun's dad— Satan killed your mom and tried to kill
you..."

oooooo? shocking? also! if you check my account you might noticed that i spoiled the surprise about the others main leads in the series :)