06

song:
to the grave - bea miller

GOLDEN EYES

blood moon in 54 days

Minghao at this point was in shock and denial. As he was staring at himself in the bathroom mirror he couldn't believe the sight of himself. The Gold specks were swirling in his almost pitch-black eyes.

Like lighting or sunbeams, they made his whole demeanor more bright. Even though it was a small difference it would make him stick out from other demons and he didn't want that.

On the outside of the bathroom stalls, Idalia is antsy; she's fiddling her fingers as she paces side to side. She's waiting for the demon to come out and say this is all a prank.

She didn't mention anything earlier as Minghao was swiftly making his way towards the bathroom but she knew what was about to come.

Her cousin was in-front of her shouting in pain as her body was breaking on the ground. One side of her wings was falling off and a death-shrieking cry was escaping her.

As her eyes flashed red and her veins lit up with fire rushing through them the screams in the room were deafening as her father tried to soothe her pain.

"I can't do this..., I can't!" She said contorted her body as a new wing begin to sprout slowly; with raven-colored feathers attached.

The brutal scene of gore and screams filled her cousin's house as she transformed into her final being; a half-blood.

Shudders flow through Idalia's body like crashing waves as she reminisces the menacing past. Her body couldn't wash away the memory of torture she had to watch as her cousin transformed. It was burned in her mind since that night.

Truly, she was worried, she never felt the pain of the transformation to a half-blood but she saw it and knew it was horrific to see; knowing that experiencing it must be much worse.

Although she was trying to be hopeful, crossing her fingers, praying that her thought was wrong and his flickers of gold in his eyes were just a fluke. She was hoping it was but was dreading for the worse.

In her train of thought, Minghao walks out stopping in front of her abruptly not expecting her to still be there. His backpack strap slid off his shoulder falling to his inner elbow from the stopping of his feet. Quickly he set it back on his shoulder.

Minghao was confused to see her still there waiting for him. His eyes swiftly flickered over her worried stance and thoughts rose to his head.

He didn't understand why she cared, his actions weren't any sort of inviting but here she was waiting for him. His coldness wasn't pushing her away like it was at the start.

Why did she care for the person she feared?

"Why are you waiting for me?" He said knocking her out of her thoughts. His voice was softer than normal, quieter too. An underlying worry was in his voice from the recent events.

Minghao didn't know what to think, he skipped the impossible possibilities; scratching them out as soon as he could. But even erasing them out of his thoughts they worry still stuck because the thoughts he had if real would change his life forever.

"Waiting for you, are you okay?" Looking up at his eyes she breathed out her sentence. His eyes blinked and his eyebrows raised slightly.

If he was already confused before this didn't make it any better. Her kindness exuding out of her to comfort him was a foreign feeling.

It made his posture stiffened and legs lock; he didn't understand. She shouldn't be kind to someone who treated her like scum.

He wasn't stupid, he knew exactly how he treated her, he did it with everyone who messed with him. But normally they all obeyed and fear him; scared of even his shadowed silhouette.

"Why do you care? My problems don't involve you," his voice stifled up as he relaxed himself pushing away the foreignness; trying to retain his normal self.

But none of this is normal, from her mood-swings and his drastic changes they both were changing. Losing who they were before; filling into a new mold but not knowing exactly what that mold pertained to.

"I just don't wanna make the same mistakes as last time, I wanna save you," Her words flew off her tongue cryptically for Minghao, but for her, those words weren't just being said to him.

Even if the beginning didn't make much sense still the foreign feeling erupted in his body causing his throat to dry and now a twisting feeling in his stomach.

Don't think this small development will equal nice Minghao, because that's not my plan

Don't think this small development will equal nice Minghao, because that's not my plan. :)