T H I R T Y E I G H T

Shit is about to get real these next two years.

Also I heard no objections for switching Natalie Portman so I'll add pics at the end of this and y'all can vote or whatever.

Last year Madeline, Alyssa, and Camilla realized that they've been late the first day every year because the boys rigged their alarms. So last night they made sure to replace theirs with the boys bedroom alarms. And sure enough they woke up on time with them.

"I knew it. Those little arses." Madeline said as she sat up on her bed.

"Can't wait to see them running late to their classes this morning." Alyssa said.

"For real. And the look on Binns face when we're there on time." Camilla chuckled.

They got ready then headed downstairs for breakfast. Marlene and Lily looked at them with surprised faces.

"Wow. Actually here, for breakfast. On the first day. I've never seen this happen before." Lily laughed.

"What did you guys do differently?" Marlene asked.

"Switched our alarms with the boys. The charmed them. Don't expect them right away in your first class." Madeline said as she spread cream cheese on her bagel.

"They've been doing that to you guys for 6 years?" Marlene chuckled.

"Yeah, well technically 5. Paybacks a bitch." Alyssa said.

"Yes yes it is." Cam took a sip of her juice.

Madeline looked over at the Slytherin table to find her boyfriend. It took a couple of seconds for him to look back at her. When he did he smiled and gave a small wave which see returned.

Regulus then pointed to her then his stomach then made the motion of drinking something. Madeline tilted her head trying to fingers out the message. He raised his eyebrows then looked at his stomach, then it clicked.

"Oh!" She said out loud.

"What?" Lily asked.

"You alright there?" Alyssa asked.

"Yeah sorry, I just forgot something I'll be right back." Madeline stood up from her table and made her way to the doors. She looked back at regulus and raised her eyebrows before she left the room.

M went back to the Gryffindor common room, up the stairs and into her dorm. She pulled out a box from underneath her bed and placed it on top. She undid the two hooks and opened the box. She traced her finger along all the bottles then found the one she was looking for.

"Perfect. Just a single drop left." She said out loud as she pulled it out. "I'm gonna have to make another batch."

She unscrewed the lid and brought it to her lips, that last drop fell into her mouth and she swallowed.

"No baby today." She chuckled. "Not for a long time you're far too young." She put the box back under her bed. "And now you're talking to yourself. Great." She shook her head then went back down for the remainder of breakfast.

~

The girls made it to Professor Binns classroom before most students.

"Ladies! Wow am I surprised to see you three here on time." He hovered over to them.

"Yeah it's good to not be late on my first day, especially being a prefect." Madeline chuckled.

"So. What did you guys finny do different after 6 years, hm?" He chuckled.

"The boys have been playing a dirty prank on us so we switched our alarms. Today they'll be the late ones." Alyssa smirked.

"Aha. Payback. Nice one girls. Have your seats now." He flew back to the front of the class. Just as the girls spilt off to their desk regulus came in from behind M, he wrapped his arm around her waist and walked her to their table.

"Good morning." He looked over at him and kissed his cheek.

"Good morning, Darling." He smiled and scrunched his nose.

"Thanks for reminding me this morning by the way. A couple hours later and bam our lives are ruined." She grabbed our her book.

"You are most certainly welcome." He chuckled.

"I also am going to have to brew some more of it. I'm out."

"How long does it take?" He looked over at her.

"Threeweeks." She said quickly.

"What? Did you. You just said three weeks?"

She just nodded her head.

"So." He lowered his head to her ear and whispered. "No sex for three weeks?"

She chuckled and pushed his head away. "Well we could actually use protection. There's also other things we could do without. You know." She dipped her quill into the glass thing of ink.

"Yeah alright." He said it as if it was the wrost thing ever, sarcastically, of course.

"Now class. Most of you have been in my first period class since you were just 11. But today folks, is the first day of your sixth year. So as you older folks look around you'll see some new faces and see that some are missing. This is the N.E.W.T. Level class. And all of your other classes will be the same. It's essentially what the rest of your classmates are learning but more advanced. Your O.W.L. scores placed you here so I don't expect anyone to get behind or struggle much. Now, let's us begin." He smiled.

"Hey guess what?" Madeline whispered.

"Hm." He said as he had the tip of his featherless quill in his mouth. He does that a lot.

"I am going to be the class Valedictorian next year. You'll be a close second though, no hard feelings."

"Oh really? You think you'll be number one?"

"Mhm. We've been going back and fourth every year. This would technically be your year but I'm coming in hot for the win."

"It's on." He looked at her.

"Then it is settled. War has been declared." She said seriously but both knew it was a joke.

~

Petter Pettigrew was the first one to wake up. He rolled over to his side and looked at the clock on his night stand. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he was seeing the correct time.

"Shit!" He jumped up out of bed. "Wake up boys we're gonna be late!"

"Ugh, five more minutes." Remus groaned.

"We don't have five more minutes."

James sat up then looked at the clock. "Wait. No. How- what- ugh. The girls." He stood up and walked to his dresser.

"Sirius wake up!" Remus threw a pillow at him.

"Agh." He groaned as he sat up. He yawned and stretched his arms out.

They got dressed within three minutes and rushed down the stairs.

"Sirius wait nope not going out like that." James said. "Remus fix his hair."

"Hm?" He looked at him. "Oh." Remus walked over to Sirius and turned him around. "Rubber band." He held his hand out. Sirius took it off his wrist and into Remus' palm. He pulled all his hair back and did a half up half down type of bun.

"Just like the old days." Peter chuckled.

They boys ran to their classroom and were just a couple minutes late. Marlene and Lily held back their laughter when they ran through the door while out of breath.