F O U R T Y *

The * is just kinda

Like McGonagall announced, a boy and girl would be chosen from each house and grade to be apart of, what the muggles call, 'royal court.' There's nothing much to it other than the chosen and their dates have to attend dance lessons twice a week which will be performed first thing the night of the ball.

Regulus and Madeline were both chosen for their house and grade and they are also each other's dates so it works out perfectly for them. Lily and James were chosen for the 7th year Gryffindors and not so surprisingly, they are also each other's dates.

Whenever Regulus had quidditch practice on a dance lesson day, Sirius would fill in for him, and when she had practice, Alyssa would fill in for her. Remus filled in for James. And speaking of quidditch, Sirius and Marlene joined the team this year, Marlene as a chaser and Sirius as a Beater, given the last ones graduated, but that leaves Madeline in a pickle for next year when they all are going to be gone.

~

Madeline and Regulus picked up on the dance pretty fast so McGonagall wouldn't really pay much attention to them or correct them besides the times she yells at them.

"No touching, you can do that in the next part." She raised her hands. Regulus and Madeline would just laugh with each other.

Regulus has been picking up his act for the most part. You never know what days will be good and what days will be bad. Madeline just tells herself 'we all have bad days.'

~

December 20th,

Today was the day of the ball, and tomorrow the kids would be going home, or staying at Hogwarts, for Christmas break.

Mr. and Mrs. Potter are taking their own holiday vacation so Madeline and James invited everyone over to their house. Regulus and Narcissa would go if their mothers hadn't made plans together already.

Madeline was in her dorm room starting to get ready for tonight. Her mother sent her a dress and it got here three days ago. She tried it on every day. Alyssa and Camilla were elsewhere.

Regulus used the excuse that since he's Madeline's date he's allowed in. And it worked on the clueless first years in the common room.

"Knock knock." he said at the door.

"Reg? How'd you get in." She chuckled as she stands up from her chair.

"I've got my ways." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Of course you do." She walks up to him.

Regulus stepped into the room and met her halfway, he pulled her in by the waist. "Now, why are you getting ready so early?"

"So I have enough time. Better to be prepared ahead of time than to not have enough." She placed her hands on his chest.

"Sooo, have some spare time for your boyfriend?" He backed up and closed the door.

"I'll always have time for you." She pressed her lips together.

"Perfect." He locked the door.

Madeline grabbed his hands and pulled him back towards her bed. He brought his hands to the side of her face, moving the loose strands, he then pulled her into a kiss, she grabbed onto his forearms, being the most comfortable position at the moment. "Gosh, I've missed this." She said between breaths.

He pushed her down onto the bed then crawled on top of her. Placing kisses on her neck and jaw. Bringing one hand down to her heat. He curled his fingers slightly and applied pressure through her silk nightgown.