F I F T Y N I N E

BABES IM SORRY FOR THE LONG ASS WAIT BUT HERE IT IS THE NEW CHAPTER YOU'VE BEEN WAITING MONTHS FOR!!! Anyways I hope you enjoy and I'm finally actually getting back into writing now so ill try update as much as I can! Thanks for being patient with me :)

About a week later the death of Kaden as well as a couple other students was announced to the school before dinner on a Friday night.

Almost everyone knew at least one of them, you could hear a few people crying and few frozen in shock. Madeline was relieved she didn't hear Alyssa's name. But it soon clicked in her head that Dumbledore had just said Kadens name.

She didn't handle his death very well, she had stayed locked in her room for a week. Regulus began to worry but there was nothing he could do for her, and he felt beyond guilty being the one who took the boys life. Even if they were still together, that guilt would prevent him from comforting her the way he'd want to. Camilla tried getting her to eat something or drink water but Madeline just laid there on her stomach all week. All she had wanted was to be at home with the comfort of her family.

~

A couple months have past and Madeline looked alive and healthy again to everyone but Cam. She decided to at least put up an act to get through the rest of her final year at Hogwarts, Camilla was not buying it. It was a tough challenge for herself given the war was growing, her best friend still hasn't been found and she felt like there was more to her life that was missing.

She had even started quidditch again and her first game back was tonight, they would be playing Slytherin.

Before the game she got to give her team a pep talk which she missed doing. Both teams flew up high taking their places. As soon as the whistle blew she went off to the side and began to look for the snitch. She looked over at Slytherins seeker, Regulus, who was doing the same so she wasn't too worried yet. Her team scored and it startled her a bit having been zoning out all sounds, her teammate flew past her and she gave him a high five as he did.

A little while later she saw Regulus start to take off for the snitch she couldn't see yet herself. She started to fly in that direction, she nearly got hit by Bludger, she dodged it just in time but what she didn't see coming was one of Slytherins players coming at her from the left. Barty had turned at the right time to shoulder check her hard enough that she started to fall off her broom. She was hanging on with just her left hand.

"Sorry Princess, can't have my team losing now can I" He says looking down at her.

"Arsehole" she mumbled as he flew off.

She tried lifting herself up but just with her luck it had started pouring rain, and at the same time there was a loud thunderstruck. It startled her and with her grip getting slippery she ended up letting go of her broom. While all of that was happening Regulus had just caught the snitch. He held it up towards his houses section as they all cheered loudly for him.

He turned his head and saw Madeline let go of her broom and begin to fall. Without thinking he grabbed the front of his broom with one hand and flew in her direction as fast he could.

He grabbed her hand and had the momentum to swing her back enough for her to get on the back of his broom just a few feet from the ground, a few seconds later and she would have broken a few bones. A part of her wished he hadn't caught her but the other part was grateful. He flew over to where her broom fell and went low enough for her to get off.

"Thank you, Regulus." She said looking at him while she picked up two halves of her broom.

'Regulus.'  He hadn't realized how much he missed just the way she says his name.

"Regulus?" She said it again to snap him out of it.

"Oh- um right yeah anyone would've done it" He shrugged.

"No, not anyone would and I'm surprised even you did, so again thank you" She began to walk to her team.

"You're welcome" he said quietly.

"Sorry about that princess, no hard feelings right?" Barty said walking up next to her, Regulus watched clenching his fist.

"Oh get lost Junior."

"I told you not to call me that."

"Oh well, what are you gonna do about that, junior?" She stopped walking to look at him and he did the same.

"What is it you want me to do about it hm?" He tilted his head looking at her with a slight smirk.

"Fuck you." She rolled her eyes and turned away.

"Well if you want to all you have to do is ask princess." He winked and walked away, she just flipped him off not bothering to look back at him.

~

Later that night at dinner Mae was telling Camilla about what her and Barty talked about on the field.

"Oh he definitely wants to sleep with you." Cam said as they were both looking over at him on the Slytherin table. "I say go for it, he is hot."

"Yeah I guess he is" Mae tilted her head a bit looking at him then she turned her gaze to the boy next to him, Regulus. "But so is his best friend."

Cam followed her gaze towards Regulus, "He more cute than hot you know."

Madeline shook her head. "He's literally gorgeous" she said as she rested her head in her hand.

"I mean look at her." Barty said to Evan and regulus but only Evan was really listening.

"Orrrr you could look at anyone other girl in here that isn't Madeline Potter." He said which regulus was thankful for.

"I already have."

"You're fucking gross" Regulus mumbled.

"Don't be mad I get more girls than you now Reggie."

Regulus shook his head with a small laugh. "Yeah cause I'm so upset by that." He said sarcastically which both the boys laughed a bit at that. "But seriously don't sleep with Madeline." He looked up and saw her already looking at him. He smiled slightly before looking down at his food. 

"He looked at me- he definitely just looked at me." She grabbed cams arm.

She laughs softly "You're acting like a third year"

"Oh shut up" she laughed and looked down at her food then to her right as if she was expecting to see Alyssa there, she frowned slightly then laid her head onto Camilla's shoulder. "I miss her" "So do I, M, so do I" She laid her head on top of hers.

"Do you think she's-" Cam shook her head and cut Madeline off. "Let's not think like that."

"It's been months..."

"You were the one who said to not give up hope."

Mae lifted up her head to look at her. "You're right I'm sorry."

Cam smiles at her best friend then hugs her.