F O U R T Y N I N E

Guys I wish I could tell you all about my dream last night and the boy. I already told the cursed kids but omg he was perfect and I know I'm never gonna see him again and I wanna drown myself tomorrow.

June 24th 1978

Today is regulus's birthday and instead of spending it with his family he went out with three of his closest friends, which no one knew he really had because he's hardly ever with them at school, and Narcissa.

Right when the sky got dark the five of them headed to a muggle teenage party that Evan Rosier found out about from his neighbor. It was mainly Bartemius, Evan and Caius's idea.

"Dude is that your sister?" Bartemius asked Evan.

"Yeah she heard about it too so she brought her two annoying friends with her." He told them.

"Oh, great..." Regulus sighed.

"Your future wife." Caius teased.

Narcissa just held back her laughter.

"I'm not marrying her." He said in a stern voice.

"Oh really? You gonna run away from your family with that Potter girl?" Bartemius laughed.

"Yeah. I am. And she has a name, and you know it, so use it." He said as he pushed past them. "I need a drink."

"Can't you guys just shut up about family problems for the night." Narcissa eyed them before catching up with Reg.

"You okay?" She asked him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need to down a few of these if I'm going to get through the night." He lifted his cup.

"I'm right there with you." She chuckled as she filled up her own glass.

The two started to make their way back to the rest of their friends after finishing, quite quickly might I add, two beers, they took back with them a cup of vodka with cranberry juice.

"Where are you from?" A girl practically shouted because of how loud the music was, she stood in front of him swaying back and fourth.

"Uh. What?" He asked looking down at her.

"I mean, I've never seen you before. And I go to all the parties." She looked at Narcissa. "This your girlfriend?"

"No he's my cousin." Cissy laughed.

"So your single?" She smirked.

"Oh I'm, no I'm not."

"Well where's the lucky girl?"

"She's actually-" he was cut off by someone who came from the side, she wrapped her arm around his torso.

"Right here." The blonde said.

"Mary- you-"

"Oh. Damn that sucks. Well have fun I guess."

"She's not my girlfri- cissy tell her-" he turned her head but she wasn't there, she escaped and was back with the other boys the came with. He turned his head back to the girl who tried hitting on him and she was now dancing back in the center of the room. "Great..." he sighed.

"Come on, Reggie. Dance with me." She grabbed his free hand and pulled him towards the center of the room.

"No. Mary- I don't want to dance. Especially not with you."

"It'll be fun."

"I don't dance. And Mary, no offense but I really don't like you. And we aren't going to get married."