T W E N T Y F O U R

A/n so uh that was that. This chapter is gonna be short part of later that day then we time skipping two weeks uh yeah sorry for kind of ruining Madeline 😂

Madeline spent the day in her dorm room. She had one nap that lasted two hours. She got a lunch visit. And The rest of the time she'd start crying, not because she got broken up with, but because she ruined and hurt her relationship. She hurt the boy she loved and he will probably never trust her again.

In the few classes they shared, Regulus sat at en empty table. He usually doesn't talk to anyone, but today he was extra quiet, not racing to answer questions first. Not really even paying much attention to what his professors were saying.

Alyssa noticed it, she would send him smiles every now and then when he looked their way.

He ate lunch with Narcissa in the court yard.

"You know. I was really routing for that girl. I never thought she would cheat on you." She took a bite of her sandwich.

"I mean, technically she didn't really. They didn't actually kiss." He sighed and picked at the grass.

"Reg, you don't have to defend her. She was about to. If his girlfriend didn't walk in they probably would have. I know you care for her but, it was a dick move.  She doesn't deserve you."

Regulus shot his head to his cousin, surprised that she used that word, she's not one for swearing.

"I use the words when necessary." She chuckled.

He breathed out a small chuckle and shook his head.

~

Sirius made his way to the Gryffindor common room and walked up the stairs to the girl's dorm. He knocked on the door. 

"Go away."

"Nope." He opened the door.

She turned her head over her shoulder to see who it was. Not who she was expecting.

"Sirius?"

"Madeline." He smiled then walked over to her bed. "Scoot."

She shimmied over to the edge of the bed, Sirius jumped on and laid down next to her on his back.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Nope." 

"Come on. Talking helps. He turned to his side, using his arm to prop him up so he could see her face.

"No."

"Just talk to me."

"No. And why are you even here?" She turned her head to look up at him.

"So I can cheer you up." He smiled.

"It's not your job to cheer me up." She dropped her head back to the side.

"Yes it is. Cheering you up is my job." He dropped back down to his back. Looking up at the roof.

"Well than you're fired." She rolled onto her back and looked at him.

"You can't fire me. In the union, Darling."

They both turned their heads to look at each other then they started laughing.

"See it's working. Your laughing and smiling. That's what we love to see."

She rolled her eyes as she turned her head back up right.

"He's never gonna forgive me. What the hell did I do. I'm such a bitch. I wouldn't forgive myself either. I literally don't deserve his forgiveness. Ever. God I hate myself."