'O N E

Madeline Potter was about to join her older brother at Hogwarts, she is just one year younger than James. The two siblings have always been very close growing up, and so when James returned the summer after his first year, they spent hours and hours talking about his experience, and now, she would finally get to experience for herself rather than through stories.

"Wait one more hug!" Euphemia said as she pulled her two kids back into her arms. They both laughed and hugged her back.

"Honey, the kids are going to miss their train." Mr. Potter chuckled. "You'll see them at Christmas."

"I know I know, I just, now both my babies are gonna be gone all year." She pouted as she let go of the kids.

"Bye mom, bye dad!." James shouted as he ran to the doors or the train.

"I love you guys!" Madeline shouted, following her brother

James led Madeline towards his and his friend's compartment.

"Boys, this is my sister, Madeline, Madeline this is Peter, Remus, and Sirius." James pointed at his three friends. Sirius had dark black hair, and dark eyes, they looked almost black. Remus had brown hair, lighter than her brothers, he looked taller than the rest. Then peter, he had blonde hair, shortest for sure.

"Nice to meet you, Madeline, I have a little brother and its also his first year. Perhaps you two could be friends?

"Whats his name?" She asked the dark haired boy.

"Regulus, he's probably off with his friend who is also our neighbor, most likely, I'll introduce you two after the sorting ceremony. If i remember that is."

Regulus, what an interesting name. Madeline thought to herself.

"Now, Mae, you could sit with us our you could go and try to make some friends before we arrive," James said to his little sister, James is the only one who calls her Mae, he tried the nickname Mads but she turned that one down, it was to common of a nick name.

"Yeah, I'll go try make friends." She smiled then took off.

This shouldn't be too hard. Right?

Madeline wandered down the hallway for a little bit before seeing a compartment with just one other kid in it, she had long red hair. She seems friendly.

She slowly pulled open the compartment door which caused the redhead to shoot her head from the window to the door.

"Oh hi," she said.

"Hi, my name is Madeline, do you mind if I sit?"

"No not at all." the girl smiled. "I'm Alyssa Lightbourne." she reached her hand out, which Madeline gladly took and shook.

After a bit of awkward silence, Alyssa decided to start a conversation.

"So, what house are you hoping for?"

"Gryffindor! My brother is in it, and both my parents were Gryffindor as well." Madeline smiled.

"Me too! well not my family also being in Gryffindor, my brother is one year older than me, he's in Slytherin, so was my dad, my mom was a Ravenclaw."

"Oh cool! I wonder if our brothers know each other, if they do they probably actually hate each other... James told me all about hating the Slytherins."

The two kept having small conversations the rest of the train ride. They both just made their first friend at Hogwarts.

Just like James said, the first years all rode in canoes across the black lake to get to the castle. Madeline thought it was really dreamy but also terrifying at the same time.