S I X T E E N

Saturday, 11 pm

James and Madeline met their team in the Gryffindor locker room. They didn't have to change since last night the teams decided to play in their house pajamas.

"Chase and Lucy, this'll be just like practice scrimmages, except obviously we will all be on the same team for once

"Chase and Lucy, this'll be just like practice scrimmages, except obviously we will all be on the same team for once. And it'll be great practice for our first game next week. And yes it's just for fun. But I want to win. Got it?" James smiled to not seem so serious.

"Relax, he's kidding. Tonight is all about having fun." Madeline winked.

James rolled his eyes.

The team left to the pitch where the other teams were already at and quite a few students were in the stands.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, the moment we've all been waiting for, for like three days... anyway it's here! It's going to be a knock out game so we're doing ten minute games and I can't explain the ranking but it'll be fun to watch." Sirius announced with his wand to his throat to project his voice.

"Who let him talk?" Mae asked James.

"Not me that's for sure." He chuckled.

"First round is Gryffindor against Hufflepuff!"

"Oh boy." Lucy whispered.

"Hey. Don't stress it. Don't overthink. You'll do great." Madeline reassured her.

"Thanks." She smiled.

Both teams got on their brooms and took their positions. They weren't going to release the snitch because it was dark out and we only had ten minutes so the seekers became an extra chaser for tonight.

Sirius released the balls and James immediately got the Quaffle. Two of Hufflepuffs beaters got the bludgers and chase got the other one.

He was about to chuck it at one of Hufflepuffs players who was tailing james but Hufflepuffs number 9 hit theirs at chase and knocked it out of his hand.

The other beater was about to hit their bludger to James.

"Oi, James! Here!" Madeline shouted with a hand up. He looked around and saw what she was seeing and immediately tossed her the ball. She took it up to the goal post and scored.

Gryffindors students cheered loudly. The siblings flew past each other to high five.

The game went on for the full ten minutes before Sirius blew his whistle.

"And the winner, obviously, and by a lot is, Gryffindor! They will be playing the winner of the next game."

~

Ravenclaw and Slytherin were next, Madeline watched regulus the whole time, and just like Madeline, he was as good of a chaser as he was a seeker. The game ended at 60-70. Slytherin had won. The next game was Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw to determine fourth and third place.