T W E N T Y N I N E

Time skip to the end of the school year whoa. Also REALLY short chapter sorry

The rest school year went by fairly quickly. Given today is already the last day of the year. Marlene and Narcissa began dating. Only their close friends know anything about it. Camilla and Remus were still together. Madeline and regulus never said a word to each other.

The boy of them however brought their grades back up, they kind of had to with being a prefect. They had to be the good examples.

Slytherin won the quidditch cup this year but Gryffindor won the house cup. Ravenclaw was second, Hufflepuff third and Slytherin in last place.

"So, Sirius is staying at your place again?" Alyssa asked.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure he'll be living with us till James and him decide to move out and into an apartment together." She chuckled.

"Lucky."

"You can come over whenever you want. You too cam."

"Oh that would be fun!" Camillaclapped her hands together.

Madeline turned her head to look out of the window of the moving train. "This was a decently shitty year."

"Yes. Yes it was." Alyssa agreed.

"I mean I liked it.." Camilla said softly.

"Of course you did. You've been in a happy stable relationship for half of it." Madeline chuckled.

Which brought her back to thinking of Regulus. Even though she got good at hiding it. She thought about him everyday. She missed the sound of his voice. The feeling of him holding her. His green eyes she loved to stare into. Her heart ached and longed for him, even though she told herself she'd move on. She hasn't. And she doesn't think she ever will. Even though their romantic relationship didn't last half a year, their friendship did, and that was something she missed just as much. And everyday she wonders about where they'd be at today if they just stayed as friends. At least then she'd still have him in her life.

"Ladies." James said opening the door.

"What? You can't all fit in here." Cam said.

"Yeah we can." Sirius nodded his head. And so with that the four boys crammed into the little compartment. Remus sat on cams lap which was a funny view. Next to them was James and then Alyssa by the window. On the other bench was Peter who scooted Madeline away from the window, then Sirius on the other side of the girl.

"See. Told you." Sirius patted his lap.

"Why?" Madeline chuckled.

"Because. Little Mae, next year is our last year with you three. And we want to make the most of these moments."

"Umm." Alyssa mumbled.

"You'll think back years from now to this moment and smile. Enjoy it while it last young ones." Sirius said.

"We're a year younger-"

"Technically two years younger than me." Sirius smirked.

"You guys are dorks." Madeline laughed.

"That's why you love us." Peter said.

"Correct you are."

"So." Alyssa said.

"So. You guys. Us. Marlene and Lily, we're gonna have a big summer date alright? Alright glad to hear it." James said.

"We didn't say alright." Cam looked over at him.

"But you were going to anyways." Remus said.

"You're not wrong there, moony." She looked up at her boyfriend.

"Is that all?" Alyssa asked.

"Pretty much. But since we're here." Remus said.

"Well boys." Madeline put her arms around Sirius and peters shoulders. "This year May have absolutely fucking sucked but you guys never fail to make it better."

"Awe. Look at that. She's getting all emotional." Peter said.

"Oh shut up." She brought her hand up to his head and messed up his hair.

The rest of the train ride they spent in that compartment talking about everything. The school year. Next year. And their future and what they all want to do with their lives. If only they knew that none but three of them would make it past the age of thirty. There wasn't really much of a future there waiting for them.

~

When they got to kings cross station they met up outside with the last two members of their party who are inseparable. In fact Marlene and Lily were starting their summer together at Lily's home.

Everyone hugged and said their goodbyes. And then there was Remus and Camilla who were also snogging until Alyssa signaled to them that parents were coming this way.

All the parents, wether it was one or both grabbed their kids one by one. Sirius James and Madeline were the last ones. Not that it was a long wait. Just 5 min after then got off the train. The others parents were just already here.

"There's my kids!" Mrs potter squealed in excitement as she took in the view of the three children in front of her. They all seemed to grow a little bit this past year. "Oh come here." She opened her arms. "You too Sirius." She smiled at him.

The boys heart was happy. Happy that he was considered one of their own. "Dads on his way. I ran in." She chuckled as she let them out of her grasp.

Mr. Potter caught up shortly after mom. "Hey kiddos." He smiled at them and hugged Madeline.

"Let's go home shall we?"

"Yes please." James sighed.

'Home' Sirius liked this word. And he was glad he could call the Potters house his home. And it really was just that. He was happy there, safe, and loved. He never felt that way in his own home since he was a little kid.

On the car ride home the three kids caught them up on their last year away from them. Madeline hadn't brought up Regulus though. And she didn't think she was going to.

"Oh and, Sirius, honey,  within the next few days you and Madeline, James can go to if he wants, should go to town and get things for your room. You know, make it your own." Mrs potter said, turned in the passenger seat.

"Okay, yeah." He chuckled.

"Yeah I'm coming." James said.

"This will be fun." Madeline smiled.