T H I R T Y N I N E

Today is lil Timmy Tim's birthday!

This is gonna be revolving around regulus cause I wanna pick things up also this is like now November. Also I'm having Bellatrix be the same age as the Marauders

September 27th, 1978. A Wednesday.

Today the inevitable happened to Regulus Black. In a way he dreaded it, but he also wanted it to happen to prove something to his parents, to make them proud.

He paced back and fourth in his dorm, everyone else was at dinner. He kept cracking his knuckles even though he cracked them all the first time. He was nervous. His heart was racing and he was starting to heat up.

He heard two sets of footsteps making their way towards his door. He stopped walking and faced the door.

"Ah, ready are we?" Bellatrix said as she opened the door.

"Why are we doing this now. They said I could wait till I'm 17." Regulus said.

"Well I don't know I'm not your mother. But they sent us all a letter saying they wanted it done so. We're getting it done." Bellatrix pulled out her wand.

"Here sit. It doesn't hurt too bad." Narcissa said, leading the boy back onto his bed.

Regulus sat at the edge, Cissy was sitting next to him.

"Now come on, pull up your sleeve." Bella said.

Regulus used his right hand to in button the wrist cuff then he folded it up to his elbow.

"Alright then." Bella said as she placed her wand onto his forearm.

Regulus turned his head to Cissy. He was about to say something but instead groaned in pain as Bellatrix put the dark mark on his arm. He shut his eyes tight and pressed his lips together till he felt the pain stop and her wand off his skin.

"All done. Cheerio." She waved her hand as she walked out of the room.

Regulus brought his arm in front of him and inspected the new Mark.

"See. Wasn't too bad." Cissy said standing up.

"Did you want it? Yours?" He pointed to her hidden arm.

"I think you know the answer to that. But with Andromeda being disowned and Sirius, we hear how badly they talk of them. I don't want them to think that of me. So I do what I must and I will keep doing that as long as I'm not the cause of someone else's pain. What about you?"

"Yes and no. I don't want to disappoint mother like Sirius had. And this is like proving I'm worthy to them but, M, I don't- I don't know if I can keep this from her..."

"I understand completely. I have yet to tell my M, I don't know what she'll do when I do but I know that keeping it from her will do more harm then good."

"I suppose you're right-"

"Im always right." She chuckled.

"I just- her father already hates me for who my family is. When he finds out I did in fact become a death eater. I-" he sighed and looked down. "Is it too late to take it back." He chuckled softly.

"Hey." She sat down next to him again. "You tell her when you're ready. Don't rush things. And screw her father. If she loves you as much as you love her, I don't think this will change that."

"I just hope you're right."

"Like I said. I always am. And, regulus, I know you, so don't push her away during this. That's a very you thing to do. You push people away when your struggling. Don't."