F I F T E E N

James split the team into two for a scrimmage with no seekers, Madeline was a keeper for her team so she could keep a good eye on the newcomers, she also discovered she had a talent for that position as well.

After tryouts, they sent the team ahead of them and the siblings walked back together.

"So that wasn't too bad." She said to her older brother, James.

'Yeah, I think we're gonna be great co-captains." He nudged her arm.

"So who were you thinking to fill in our empty spots?"

"I was thinking that Lucy Pierce for a chaser, and Chase Whitmore for our new beater."

"Oh thank god, that's who I was set with, the others were just... um, not meant for the game?"

He chuckled. "Yeah no, I get what you mean."

the two were now back at the castle, they headed to the common room to put their brooms away before joining the rest of the school for dinner.

"How was it?" Cam asked as Madeline scooped mac n cheese onto her plate.

"Good, we already decided on the new players. I have a great feeling about this season."

"That's good. I can't wait to watch. I may not be able to play but boy do I love watching quidditch." Alyssa chuckled.

"I wish i could play." Cam sighed.

"The sport isn't meant for everyone. Especially those who can't even fly on a broom." Alyssa joked.

"Yeah yeah.."

"Maybe I could teach you how to fly during our free time. I mean you probably won't make the team the next two years but at least you'll be able to fly...?" Madelines suggested.

"That could be fun." Cam took a sip of her drink.

"What's with Mr. Gloomy face?" Alyssa asked looking to her left. The other two girls followed her gaze.

"Oh. Well, um, long story short. He hates me." Madeline faked a smile.

"Why?" Cam asked.

"Well he likes me and said he's trying to get over me so he's ignoring me."

"Well don't you like him too? I see the way you look at him." Alyssa stated.

"It's not that simple. I also like Reg, and I'm not choosing one because I don't have to, whoever makes a move to be with me first will be the one I... choose?"

"That doesn't really make sense." Cam whispered.

"Yeah well you try being in a love triangle you didn't know you were even apart of." Madeline stabbed her food.

~

The next day after potions the fifth years had an hour break, the girls went into the courtyard and sat on the grass.

"Alright. So, I was thinking for break this year, we go to. Drum roll please-" Alyssa said and Camilla drum rolled on her book.

"-Italy." Alyssa smiled.

"Yes." Camilla clapped.

The two noticed Madelines not paying attention.

"Earth to Madeline." Alyssa waved her hand in front of the girls face.

Madeline blinked a few times then shook her head and looked at her friends. "What?"

"Did you hear a thing we've said since we sat down?"

"Yeah totally." She turned her gaze back to where her eyes were glued not long ago.

Camilla followed her gaze and saw the four infamous boys.

"Italy? Yes? No?" Alyssa asked.

"Mhm. Sure. Sounds good."

"How long are you gonna stare at him? Pretty soon your gonna burn holes through his head." Camilla laughed.

"What? Oh. Damn it." Madeline face palmed. "I didn't even realize." She sighed.

"What?" Alyssa looked that way. "Oh! Ohhh..."

"Oh what?" Regulus whispered coming up behind them.

"Oh hi you." Camilla smiled.

"Ladies." He smiled. "Madeline can I talk to you for a second?"

"Of course." He held a hand out to which she grabbed and stood up.

They walked into the corridors together.

"What's up?" She asked him.

"I-" he stopped himself from what was about to be a confession. "My team was thinking about getting everyone together for a scrimmage in the middle of the night this Saturday, Ravenclaw is in, haven't gotten to Hufflepuff yet, do you think your team is down? I mean you guys are rule breakerrrrsss." He smirked.

She punched his shoulder "we are not." She held back a laugh.

"Ouch." He rubbed his arm. "And you guys so are. There's no denying it."

"Mm." She said. "But yes. I'll let them know, we gonna have an audience?"

"Just the players close friends. And their friends, and their friends..." he trailed on.

"We are so gonna get busted." She chuckled.

"But it'll be worth it. A student led game in the middle of the night. What could go wrong."

"Ha! What could go wrong? I wonder." They both laughed. "Alright i'm gonna go let James know. I'll catch you later." She waved goodbye to him as she walked backwards.

"See you later." He smiled.

She then turned around and stopped by her friends first "be right back."

"Where are you going?" Alyssa asked as she walked away.

"Oh no." Camilla said realizing where she was heading.

Madeline walked up the the group of boys.

"Hey, M." Peter said.

"Hey you." Sirius added.

"What's up?" James asked.

Madeline was looking at Remus the whole time who was avoiding eye contact.

She rolled her eyes then looked at the rest of them. "Hi, Regulus informed me that we're having a student led game this Saturday at midnight. He's on his way to ask Hufflepuff if they are down, if they say yes then it's a go. I told them we will be apart of it. Everyone's welcome to watch." She then turned around and started to walk away.

"Yeah- sure we'll do it..?" James was confused.

"Why you off in such a hurry?" Sirius asked.

"Cause someone doesn't want me stay. Byeee." She didn't look back at them.

She walked back and sat with Cam and Alyssa and told them about the game.

"Rem?" Peter said.

"What?"

"You can't just ignore her." Sirius said.

"Why not?"

"I'm sorry I ruined things between you two last year. But I'm over it now, if you want her, go get her." James smiled softly.

"Yeah before pretty boys brother does." Peter chuckled.

Remus rolled his eyes at that but Sirius laughed with him.

"He's right through. You'll miss your chance. Then what?" James added.

"Then I'll move on and find someone new. Or forget about girls for a while. It won't make much of a difference given she's the first girl and only girl I've ever liked." He picked at the grass.

The three other boys didn't know what to say but were saved by Marlene and Lily joining them and immediately started talking about other topics.