F O U R*

December 1st, 1975

Today is our first quidditch match of the year against Slytherin. And so far we have a winning streak, beating Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff earlier this year.

Also, reg and I have been hanging out more between classes and on the weekends, I still hang out and talk to Alyssa and Camilla every day, given we're roommates, but I haven't said a single word to any of the Marauders.

And when I tell you quidditch practice with my brother is crap, I mean it, especially when he's the literal captain of the team.

"Alright. What do you guys say we keep up this winning streak and maybe win the cup this year hm?" James said as we walked to the pitch together as a team.

"Yeah!" Everyone cheered. But me.

"I didn't hear you, Mae," James said from in front of me.

"That's cause I didn't say anything."

"So are you not wanting to win?" He asked.

I just shrugged my shoulders when he looked back at me.

"Seriously, how long are you gonna be mad at me?" He asked. Stopping in his tracks and turning to face me, the rest of the team kept walking.

"I don't know," I said pushing past him.

He stood there for a few moments before sighing and turning around to join us in the tent.

~

We're just five minutes into the match and Slytherin is already up by 50. Our keeper is not having his best day.

I was up high on my broom watching the game while keeping an eye out for the snitch. Regulus flew up to my side and playfully bumped into me.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hi."

"Wow, not even gonna look at me?" He acted hurt.

"I'm not letting you distract me right now."

"Oh, so am I distracting to you? Can't keep your eyes off me?" He winked.

"You're so full of yourself, Reg." I chuckled.

He started to talk again but I toned him out once I caught sight of the fast little flying golden ball.
I then finally looked at him with a smirk before taking off. And as planned he followed me.

One of the beaters and I come up with a new plan for every game and a code word that goes with it. When I made eye contact with Henry (a/n yes I'm completely coming up with the teammate's names on the spot), he nods.

He got his bat ready and the bludger. Once we were nearing being directly in front of him I called out to reg.

"Sorry by the way!"

"Sorry for what-"

He shouted back at the same time I shouted "now!" Henry then hit the ball with his bat straight ahead of him, it hit regulus right on the side, causing him to fall.

I looked back as I watched him fall then quickly returned my gaze to the snitch now a few feet in front of me.

~

"Gryffindor wins again! 150 to 50. Luckily this game there had only been one injury, that's rare." The announcer said over the PA. He was an energetic 3rd year.

We got back to the tent for our team huddle which happens after every game we all cheered and celebrated, yes even me.

"It's all because of Madeline!" James cheered.