Tasha the Tebo

Luna's POV

The plan was coming together quite nicely. Rolf had been right, Hagrid was teaching the 6th and 7th years about Tebos. They were rare, so he only had one. Her name was Tasha.

We were having a double period with the Hufflepuffs, and the thought of spending more time with Rolf gave me a prickling tingly feeling.

I wasn't sure what we were. I'd woken up in the hospital wing, and he'd been holding my hand. He hadn't let go until I'd been discharged. I heard he actually tried to sleep there. The thought always made a smile creep onto my face.

Before the lesson, Tasha ran up to me, and nuzzled her cold nose into my hand. I rubbed her head.

"Aww. You're so cute; yes you are." She snuffed. "Yes, you're just precious." She snorted, and I scratched her behind the ear. Rolf was standing right next to me. She put her front hooves on his knees, and looked up at him. He laughed and rubbed her head.

"Yes, you're very smart."

Zacharias Smith scoffed. "She's not smart. She's nothing but a filthy pig."

She trotted over to him. "Yeah, you're a real idiot."

I heard a sound like falling water, and looked for the source. Zaharias's disgusted yell told me all I needed to know. "These are new shoes! You little, oh, you are so dead. Come back here!"

She trotted back over to me, and looked at me with wide, innocent eyes. Rolf was looking between her, and Zaharias.

"She didn't."

"She did."

"That's-"

Hagrid's loud voice interrupted him. "Terday we'll learn about Tebos. They're very interesting creatures, an are very hard te catch. They turn invisible yer see. Tasha here, was breed in captivity. That's why she's so friendly.

"More like ugly, smelly, and barbaric." I didn't have to turn to know it's Zaharias.

Tasha looked up at me with big sad eyes. "Shh. It's ok. I think you're wonderful. She gave a rumbling sort of purr, then blinked out of sight.

A screamed and jumped backwards. "Where did Tasha go? Where did she go! Tell me where Tasha went!" Rolf grabbed my arm.

"It's alright. They can become invisible. It makes them almost impossible to catch."

Tasha blinked back into vision. She pressed her snout into my hand again, as if to remind me she was still real. I scratched her ears as I continued to listen to Hagrid.

"They can eat almost anything, and are usually easy to take care of. Except for the mess. They enjoy knocking things over, and can become very serious pests."

I shared a meaningful glance with the other DA members.

The rest of the lesson was intriguing. Tasha was very cute, and gave me a sad look when we left. "I'll be back." I whispered to her.

***

Dumbledore's Army met right in the Room of Requirement to plan the prank. If all went well, we would do it tonight. It was very simple. Release Tasha inside the castle, and hope she breaks things.

"And Tasha is?"

"Outside by Hagrid's."

"Great, let's do this."

I wondered momentarily if we should be using Moon Frogs instead, but it was too late to change.

We raced down the stairs, and though the corridors. I made it to the door first
"Alohomora." It swung open.