The Value of False Information

Thanks to starry_arthi for the prank idea. I think you actually know what you did this time!

Luna's POV

I woke up on the Astronomy Tower, and Rolf was pressed next to me. Sometime during the night one of us had released the other's hand.

I reached for it again, and went back to sleep, it was Sunday after all. I had nothing important to do.

My eyes sprang open.

Crap

The DA meeting.

Ginny's POV

I looked around the Room of Requirement for Luna.

Where was Luna? She knew we had a DA meeting today.

I hoped the Carrows didn't have her.

"Has anyone seen Luna?" I asked.

"Not since her date with Rolf. I saw them going into Honeydukes." Parvati informed us. "And I think she stole Padma's boots."

"Yeah, she left me a note about it. But-"

"Has anyone seen Rolf?" I interrupted.

Nobody had.

A slow smirk spread across Michael's face. "Do you think they're....."

"No." Almost everyone spoke at once.

Just then, Luna and Rolf ran in. And to my shock, they were wearing the same clothes as last night. My brain froze.

"Told you." Michael said proudly.

"Luna, could I talk to you for a moment?" Neville sounded slightly strangled.

"Sure...Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'd like to talk to Luna too." My voice surprised me.

The Room created a door, and we walked though it. The moment the door closed Neville started.

"What happened last night?"

"What do you mean?"

"What did you do?"

"So, Rolf asked me to go to Hogsmeade with him. We drank Butterbeers, and talked. Then we went to Honeydukes, and bought Caldron Cakes and Pepper Imps. After that we went up to the Astronomy Tower and slept under the stars together."

"Wait! You slept under the stars together. You slept together?"

"What?"

"Luna, this is serious. You-"

"Give her a break!" I interrupted. "Ok, maybe they are rushing things a little, but..." I searched for the right words.

"I don't understand why you guys are making such a big deal about this."

Neville spluttered. "Big deal? Luna!" I interrupted.

"I feel like we're missing something. What exactly happened?"

"We fell asleep under the stars, I told you!"

Suddenly her eyes widened and her mouth formed a small o.

"That, didn't happen. We were stargazing and accidentally fell asleep."

Neville's frustration deflated.

"Why didn't you say so?"

"I just did! But you two were being so cryptic, I didn't understand what you meant."

"We'd best go back to the meeting."

Once inside I looked at Michael.

"Wow, thanks. Nothing happened! And we've wasted 15 minutes. So, does anyone have any ideas?"

But, already my brain was turning. Michael had just proved the value of fake information. Believing something was one way, when in fact it was another.

If we could change something the Carrows really cared about, they'd go to any lengths to put it right. And that wouldn't take much time on it's own, but if we pointed them in the wrong direction...but what did they care about? I wasn't sure they even cared about each other. Maybe something they depended on? But what would cripple them to lose.

There was only one answer.

"What if we steal one of the Carrows wands, and frame the other for it?"

Hey, thanks for the two prank ideas, they were really good. If you have more put them,

Here

Thanks,
Aria