Heartache and Happiness

Don't judge the name, I couldn't think of a better one.

Luna's POV

The next weekend we went to Hogsmeade to buy dress robes. Snape had given us the day, claiming,

"For those of you who have nothing suitable, please do not embarrass me. The party is black and green, so dress accordingly."

He looked as though he had a splitting headache. It appeared the Ball preparations weren't going well. I didn't feel sorry for him in the least.

Well, maybe a little bit.

***

As I followed the trail down to Hogsmeade, I watched my feet make impressions in the snow. The faint crunch was oddly soothing, and I walked around in circles just to hear the frost break. A pair of feet joined mine, and I looked up into chocolate eyes.

"Hey!"

"Hi."

As I looked at him, it felt like I had a crush all over again. My tongue felt too big for my mouth, and I could feel my brain start to override.

When he leaned down and kissed me, the electricity that crackled though my body made my head spin. Or maybe it was just the feel of him pressed against me, and the way his eyes had that look of intensity that still managed to be soft and kind.

Butterflies were coming to life in my stomach when we broke apart. My heart was fluttering, and I was breathing as if I'd just run a very long way.

"Wow." Was all I could manage. He seemed to speechless to even say that.

After a few moments of silence, he grasped my hand, and together we walked down to the village.

The inside of Gladrags Wizardwear was crowded. Everyone was looking for dress robes, and depending on how excited they were for the party, they were buying the very expensive ones.

I saw Ginny with a pale green dress that could barely be considered formal, while Pansy had a full hoop skirt with pieces of emerald sewn in. Draco appeared to be convincing Astoria to upgrade from her elegant but simple leaf green wrap dress to an obsidian black empire dress.

I grabbed Astoria's discarded wrap, and made for the counter.

The leaf green didn't exactly go with black, but at least in was better than the mint shade Ginny was holding. It would fit in with white, and I assumed that she did that intentionally.

Other members of the DA were also making rebellious choices.

Hannah's black dress had notes of purple, and Lavender had an Aqua slip that could barely be considered green.

It momentarily struck me how petty we were being, and how small this victory would be. I mean, the color scheme of his party wouldn't match! How devastating!

Still, I wasn't going to shell out thousands of gallons for something I would only wear once.

Most of the boys already had black dress robes, and didn't need new ones. Rolf had come into the shop with me to help me decide. It turned out, there wasn't much of a decision.

I bought the wrap and left, and suddenly, I had the rest of the day to spend with my wonderful boyfriend.

Ginny's POV

After I bought the dress, I trudged up to the castle. Seeing Luna and Rolf made my chest ace for Harry.

Once I was inside the castle, my feet seemed to lead me of there own accord to the Gryffindor Common Room. I didn't remember saying the password, but suddenly I was standing in the crimson room, looking at the crackling fire.

It was in this spot that we first kissed. I'd just caught the snitch, and won the Quidditch Final. I'd taken it out right under that girl's nose. I ran up and kissed him, and he'd kissed back. I thought I'd found my happily ever after. How naive. It was the beginning of the anguish. His stupid ideas of "protection."

If I could do it all over...

If I could do it all over, I never would have kissed him. I never would have left Dean. I never would have given him my heart. I would have stayed safe, and free. He would have been my childhood crush, nothing more. And I never, ever would have loved him.

But, he'd left, and taken a piece of me with him. And I feared I'd never be whole again.

I sank down onto the floor.

A splash of water ran down my nose, and hit the carpet. Then another, and another.

I didn't have the energy to wipe them away. The taste of salt filled my mouth as I cried until I had no more tears.

This is basically a fluff chapter, but I'll get to stuff that moves the plot forward soon. Put anything you want to tell me,

Here

Thanks,
Aria