Protective Friends

Luna's POV

I hadn't slept well last night, and so, saying goodbye to Rolf I went up to take a nap.

As I drifted into oblivion, everything felt perfect.

I woke up with a smile on my face. I gazed at the starry ceiling, and thought

How can everything feel so perfect right now, when darkness was winning?

Yet, I grinned like a fool as I got up. Just as I was putting on my radish earrings back on, a sudden horrible thought struck me.

Was it all a dream?

I sped down to the Common Room, and looked at Rowena Ravenclaw's bust. The stone eyes surveyed me, as if they were telling me I'd never be happy.

I waited for someone to come down so I could question them. I paced back and forth, ringing my hands.

Ugh! Why can't I just remember? It seemed real, but nothing that good had ever happened to me.

What if it was all just a dream. What would happen the next time I saw him. Could I look into those chocolate colored eyes again, and not see them looking back at me with the love I saw this morning? Or that I dreamed I saw. It was all so confusing.

I nearly leaped out of my skin when Michael came down the steps.

"Hey, Luna." Then, with a small smirk. "How's Rolf." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Shut it." My tone was patronizing, but inside I was tap dancing.

It was real!

His tone sobered. "Just trying to say, I'm glad you found someone."

I smiled at him.

"Me too."

Neville's POV

I was outside the Kitchens, waiting for Rolf. I sat on a pile of barrels, and stared at the opposite wall.

The door had to be there. Was it concealed? Was there a password? Did you have to perform an act of kindness to get in? I had no idea.

I thought I saw something change about the wall, and jumped up excitedly. However, it was only my shadow flickering.

Suddenly, from underneath me I heard chattering voices.

Terry, Ernie, and Rolf had emerged from directly beneath me.

"Ahhhg. What are you doing up there?" Rolf exclaimed.

"What are you doing down there?"

"Our Common Room is down here. Is everything ok? Has anyone been taken?"

"Oh, no. Nothing like that. I just wanted to have a word with Rolf."The other Hufflepuffs looked at him.

"It's ok guys. I'll catch up." When they were out of earshot, I asked him, without preamble.