Alecto's Wand

Thanks to starry_arthi for the wand hiding idea.

Neville's POV

I was going to take the Polyjuice Potion. Becoming him scared me a little bit, but if we could do this, it'd be worth it.

When his hairs were dropped in, it turned an ugly brown with hints of yellow and gray. It looked just as bad as it tasted, and I could barely choke it down.

I doubled over in pain as I felt my features molding and shifting. And suddenly it was done.

I stood in the Room of Requirement and felt my lumpy face.

The rest of the DA stared, and Ginny looked sick. Luna and Rolf were looking at me with such an intense hatred that I backed up a few steps.

But it was Hannah's expression that made me want to curl up and cry. I stepped forward to comfort her shock and fear, but my presence made her recoil more.

After a moment, everyone recovered, but I was looking forward to returning to my usual appearance.

I stepped out of the Room, and set out to find Alecto.

It was harder then I expected, and I feared my hour was almost up by the time I found her  outside the gargoyle.

"That idiotic headmaster!" She complained. "He's refused. Says we can't interrogate kids without proof. You know, he's the reason those kids are so cocky. Pulling pranks every other night."

I made sounds of affirmation, trying my best not to tip her off.

"And we know who's responsible too. Ms. Weasley, Mr. Longbottom, and maybe Ms. Lovegood are leaders. Then, for the members there's that blond bimbo who suddenly grew a backbone. There's that boy who we caught but he escaped before we got any real information about him. Then those twins, the Petal, Patil? Something like that. I don't remember all the names.

And that blond Hufflepuff girl, the one you said was pretty. Hannah, wasn't it? Honestly, she's not memorable enough, so if you want her, you can probably get away with it. Just don't parade it, and there probably won't be repercussions."

Over my dead body!

Rage stifled all logical thought.

"Expelliarmus!" I grabbed her wand, then using both of them. "Stupefy!"

She was thrown back from the double spell, and hit the wall with a satisfying crunch. Rejoicing in my victory, I hurried away from her prone form.

My footsteps seemed overly loud, and at any moment I expected to be ambushed. But I reached Amycus's Office without incident.

A light was shining from under the door. Amycus must have forgotten to turn it off. It door opened without a creak, and I found myself face to face with the real Amycus Carrow.

My mind froze. He was staring at me in shock, and his eyes bulged. I responded first.

"Stupefy!" Though he still looked dazed he blocked it.

"Stupefy!" I repeated. He moved neatly out of the way.

"Avada Kedavra!" I barely dodged. Alarm was making my pulse quicken, and my heart race.

He tried to kill me. Merlin's Beard, he just tried to kill me!

"Stupefy!" The polyjuice potion was fading. I could feel myself shrinking, and turning slowly back into myself. Soon I was simply Neville, and he was gloating down at me.

"Hello, Mr. Longbottom."

Well, might as well go out with a bang.

"Hello, you disgusting slum licker. Have you finally decided to stop being somebody's lapdog, and do something for yourself once in your pathetic life? Or is Snape somewhere around here, pulling your strings?"

"You've got a smart mouth for such a dumb kid."

"You have a big head for such a small brain."

"You really want to join the folks, don't you? Cause one more cheeky word, and I'll enjoy putting you there."

"You act like you could. You haven't got the talent, the intellect or the authority. Face it, you're just an overgrown, immature, child who needs to attack little girls to make himself feel important."

"If you ever see her again, send your delicious little friend my love."

"Don't you dare talk about Ginny."

"What're you gonna do about it? Huh? You couldn't defeat me if-"

"Stupefy!"

He kneeled over and slumped to the ground. I kicked him a few times, then wiped his memory. A rush of satisfaction filled me, and I kicked him five more times.

Where to hide the wand?

I decided on his desk drawer, and placed it lightly inside.

Then, I sprinted up to the Room of Requirement as fast as my legs would carry me."

So, what did you think of Sassy Nevy? Put that,

Here

Thanks,
Aria