He Stays?

Ginny's POV

Jason was looking between Amycus and the wand in his hand; slowly turning greener and greener.

"I, I think I might be sick." He moaned. He ran into an empty classroom, and I heard retching noises from inside.

After several moments that felt like years, he came out again; wiping his mouth. He pointed his wand at me,

"Finite."

Suddenly I could move, and I began shaking violently. Jason stepped back, then gingerly patted my shoulder with his fingertips. I tried to stop, but couldn't. I pushed away Jason's awkwardly consoling hand, and sprinted away.

I didn't know where, just away. Away from this place. Suddenly, I was in the Girl's Dormitory.

I pushed into the shower, not caring that I was fully clothed. I slammed my fist into the knob, turning on the water and turned my face up into the water.

It was shockingly cold, but it didn't matter. Hardly anything mattered right now. With my fingernails, I scraped at my cheek.

He touched me here

I kept scratching, trying to rid myself of whatever residue his finger might have left on me. I only stopped when it started to bleed. The blood mixing with the water into a clear slightly orange liquid that ran down my chin.

I combed my fingers though my hair, yanking out strands when I encountered knots. The pain was a dull flair in the back of my brain.

And I cried.

My shoulders quaked with pain, as the salty tears stung the cut. They mixed with the blood and water as it ran down my body in rivers, and pooled on the tiled floor.

***

After what could have been hours, I stepped out of the shower. In a jolt, I realized how wet I was. My clothes themselves had absorbed enough water to fill a bathtub.

I pointed my wand at my scratched face, and murmured,

"Episkey." My cheek felt very hot, then very cold, and when it had settled back to a comfortable temperature, the stinging had stopped.

There was probably a spell to dry my clothes as well, but I didn't know it. I quickly changed into new dry clothes, and brushed my hair.

I should probably apologize to Jason. He'd saved me, and I'd just run off like that.

I'd also probably need to wipe Amycus's memory. It wouldn't do for him to remember he could just attack me like that. And next time, he'd make sure no one could interrupt.

And just like that, I was crying again.

Merlin's Beard. Ginny, Stop it.

In several deep breaths, I composed myself. I'm probably dehydrated from all this crying. How did Cho do it?

I washed by red, puffy eyes, and walked downstairs.

Lavender and Parvati were sitting on the side of her bed. Lavender was carefully painting a flower on her friend's nails.

I forced a smile, and waved back at them.

My body seemed to be operating without me needing to control it. No emotions, no outbursts, no pain.

Was this how it would always be? Bouncing back and forth between apathetic and overly emotional?

I'd prepared myself, as much as one could, for being attacked on a mission. But he'd just come after me like that. With no warning or reason other than that he was a creep. No, creep wasn't a strong enough word.

Parvati and Lavender were at my side in a second. The nail polish fell to the floor, and smashed, but nobody bothered to clean it up.

"Ginny, what's wrong?" Parvati demanded.

"What? Nothing! Everything's great, wonderful, perfect, splendid. Never been better!"

"Uh huh. Who are you trying to convince, yourself or us?" Lavender put her hands on her hips.

"Nothing's wrong guys, I told you! It's just that AmycusfoundmeandpinnedmeagainstawallandhegotsupperclosebutJasonsavedmeatthelastminuteandIthinkI'mbrokenbecauseIcan'tstopcryingandI'mscared. Because he can get to me anywhere. What's to stop him from showing up right now? I thought I was only in danger when I did dangerous things."

Lavender let out a sob, and hugged me.

"You're not broken, Ginny, you're human."

Neville's POV

My galleon burned, and Ginny's writing appeared. It scheduled a meeting for ten minutes from now.

I sighed. She really has to stop calling these impromptu meetings.

Ginny's POV

Lavender, Parvati, and I waited in the Room of Requirement. Jason wouldn't be coming, as he'd left his galleon here after the vote.

Slowly, they trickled in. Michael and Padma came last. Once everyone was here, I started talking.

"I'd like to change my vote." Padma looked momentarily shocked, but then huffed.

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you."

"So he stays?" Anthony asked.

"He stays." Neville said with a smile.

This chapter is basically just filler, because I wanted to make it emotionally realistic.