Uh Oh

Dear Readers,
I apologize in advance

Ginny's POV

The Hogsmeade weekend was in two days.

We'd pulled multiple small pranks, and each one had gone off without a hitch. But today, Dumbledore's Army was taking a day off.

Jason Moon's interview was scheduled for the day after Hogsmeade, but since Sally-Anne joined, Hannah had been less than enthusiastic about adding more members.

I completely understood.

Unlike Neville, I was not oblivious to the obvious attraction between the two, and Hannah's jealousy was well founded.

Rolf's mood continued to decline, until he wasn't really talking to anyone. He didn't participate in the meetings, and stopped offering ideas.

We'd finally found the password for Potterwatch, and we tuned in from the Room of Requirement.

"Guys, I found it. Password's Cedric." Terry had shouted one meeting.

"C-Cedric?" Ernie had stopped dead, and Susan had dropped her wand. Even Zaharias Smith looked shocked.

"Why...?" Hannah seemed close to tears. Neville was holding her hand.

"All the passwords people who've been killed by You-Know-Who."

Zaharias looked like he was about to say something, but the radio cracked to life, and Lee's voice could be heard. .

"Welcome back to Potterwatch. I'm River, and today we have a special guest here with us. Say hello to Bowtruckle."

"Hello, River." The voice sounded like an old man, and Rolf jolted. I wondered if he recognized him.

"Honestly though, you should have picked another code name. Maybe Basilisk, and continue with the animal theme."

"Well, I like bowtruckles. I have a pet named-wait. I shouldn't reveal that. You told me say nothing like that for security."

"Tiny stick thing beats giant petrifying snake. Everyone saw that coming.

But anyways, Bowtruckle was a very close friend of Dumbledore's, and played a very important role in the defeat of Grindelwald. And he has something he'd like to say."

"Umm, yes. And I'd like to say, at the height of Grindelwald's power, it looked just as it does now. But he was defeated, and You-Know-Who will be also."

"Well said, well said. As Dumbledore once said, Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. Do you have anything else to say, Bowtruckle?"

"Umm, not really?"

"Ok then!"

"Next password's Emmeline, and remember-."

There was a bang, a crackle. A screech. And the radio went dead.

"What!" Rolf was on his feet. "Wait, no, no!"

"Rolf? Are you ok?" Susan looked concerned.

"No! That's my grandfather."

"What? That was Newt Scamander? The author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?" Michael asked. At the surprised glances he added, "What, I am a Ravenclaw; I know stuff."

"Yes, that was Newt Scamander, and the radio went dead. What if the Death Eaters showed up?"

"I'm sure-."