Sally-Anne

Oh my gosh guys I woke up this morning to like 200 notifs and my heart exploded. Thank you so much for for being the best readers ever.

And I'm sorry for this chapter. I let the story flow, and there's a plot development that was never part of my original plan. I thought about taking it out, but eventually decided to keep it in.

Neville's POV

The next day, we couldn't find Sally-Anne. Padma and I had gone off to our separate common rooms, but that night I couldn't get any sleep. I stared up at the ceiling; wondering if she was okay.

A pit deep in my stomach told me she wasn't.

But something about her was nagging the back of my mind. How had she known? How had she known that stuff about Dolohov? It was clearly true; Alecto wouldn't have been so furious otherwise.

I shook off these thoughts. She would tell me when she was ready.

The day crept by with agonizing slowness. After every free period I ran to the Hospital Wing, but was disappointed each time.

On one of these occasions, Hannah cornered me, looking concerned and a little frustrated.

"Why do you keep checking on her? Didn't you  break up?"

"It's my fault they have her. I owe her at least this much." Hannah nodded.

"Then we'll look together."

Her hand found mine, and warmth spread throughout my fingers. A inner part of me wanted to turn and kiss her right now, but I couldn't.

She was still dating Ernie.

I opened the door for her, and together we walked into the Hospital Wing.

Luna's POV

I was starving again.

Bellatrix had decided that torturing me wasn't punishment enough for stealing food, and hadn't let us get even a crum.

I couldn't tell if it had been a year or a day. All I knew was I couldn't keep a thought in my head, and my entire core seemed to be ripping apart. I couldn't do anything but stay curled in a ball and pretend I had any chance at sleep.

Ollivander was fairing better than I was, but not by much. He tried to help me, but there was really nothing he could do. After an indefinable amount of time, he began to decline too.

My stomach had stopped rumbling. I think I'd given up.

How long can we survive like this? The answer came against my will.

Not much longer

Narcissa had been arguing with her sister on our behalf, but Bellatrix didn't waver. Narcissa had always backed down.

They were shouting again, but the words were muted as if I was underwater. Something banged as smashed. The door opened. Someone was at my side, and I opened my eyes a crack and tried to sit up. I flinched as warm hands brushed against me.

"Shhh. It's ok. Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you."

The tone was soothing. She brushed a strand of hair out of my face, and the gesture was so maternal I instinctively relaxed.

A bowl was brought up to my lips and I gulped the warm broth greedily. I made a small sound of protest when it was taken away.

"I know. But you need to go slowly. Your stomach's been empty for so long you might be sick if you have any more."

I nodded, then feebly reached for the bowl.

"Not yet. Give your body a second to get used to it." I groaned dramatically. After seconds that felt like years, she let me drink a few more swallows.

When the bowl was empty, I fell back against the floor. She moved to Ollivander, and I drifted into darkness.

Neville's POV

Sally-Anne was lying in a bed.

She had slash across her cheekbone, so deep it'd scraped bone. Her eye was black and puffy, and her hair was matted with blood. The skin on her arms was lacerated.

And those were just the wounds we could instantly see.

Hannah made a tiny little gasp, and before I knew what was happening, she'd broken away from me and ran to the other girl's side. She started casting Episkey, and the smaller cuts and bruises healed.

They'd hated each other from day one, but now Hannah was doing everything in her power to help.

There was motion behind me, and I turned to see Amycus. Anger and disgust battled in my gut.

"You, you, you-" I couldn't think of an insult bad enough. "How dare you! Don't you feel anything? Look what you did to her!"

Amycus smiled his despicable smile.

"That's not all I did."

My throat got very dry. The world crashed down. He's not saying... he didn't... he couldn't have...

I was going to be sick. Hate rose and choked off all sense.

"If that means what I think it means, I won't rest until I murder you. I will rip off your fingers and jab them in your eyes. You'll wish you were never born. I will draw your death out until you beg for it to be over, and then when I finally oblige I'll let her do it. And Ginny and Luna and Lavender. We'll hang your corpse from Hogwart's tallest tower, and let the birds pick out your microscopic brain."

His smirk didn't falter.

"It might mean that, it might not. You'll just have to wait and find out. But for right now, let's remember who's in control here." With that he walked out.

Hannah had heard our exchange. She was white as a sheet.

"If he... This is all my fault. I recruited her."

"It's my fault, she sacrificed herself to save me."

Together we sat down and waited for her to wake up.

So, umm yeah. That was never part of the original plot sketch, and I deeply apologize.

And yes, I'm aware that all of you are now going to sue me and kill Amycus.