The Hospital Wing....... Again

So, I'm curious about a few things. Please please please be honest.

What do you think about POVs from more than just the Silver Trio? Good, bad, don't care?

Was Hannah justified? I honestly can't decide.

Is this fanfic getting too dark? I know this is a loaded question, but please please please be honest. I've been trying to lighten it, I had a whole chapter planed where Snape didn't save them, but changed my mind on it. And, I'll break down my reasonings in an author's note at the end, but research indicated that Amycus was creepy and other things. But everything spiraled a little out of control.

Put literally anything else you want to tell me here. It could honestly be that you read a new book, or listened to a catchy song, or that you don't like zebras. I challenge you to be random.

And now the story, before the AN gets longer then the book.

Neville's POV

I awoke to the sound of a bird cawing. I groaned then stuck my throbbing head under a pillow to muffle the persistent sound.

It didn't work.

Muttering inaudible threats under my breath, I curled up entirely under the blanket, and then put the pillow over my head for good measure.

It was no use. The caw still rang clear and sharp in my head.

Ok, plan B.

I groggily hauled myself up, opened my window and stared at the bird for several long seconds. It was all black, except for an orange patch on it's forehead, with a pointed beak and glinting bronze eyes.

I hurled my pillow through the open window at it.

"What are you doing." Hannah yawned. "What did the poor bird ever do to you?

"It woke me up." I mumbled, feeling more than a little foolish. I yawned. "It's no big deal. Accio pillow." I waved my finger as I would a wand.

She chuckled softly.

"Are you alright."

"Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't..."

Suddenly my eyes snapped open. All traces of sleepiness vanished like a fire being snuffed out.

"What happened. After I left, what happened. Are you ok? Why did Snape save us? How did he react?"

She stiffened.

"I-I'm fine. Snape punished Amycus, and I don't think he's going to attack me again. He was in a pretty b-bad state when I-he-when the curse was... finished."

She looked so shaken. Without thinking I stepped forward, wrapping her in a hug. She leaned into me, and my chest filled with warmth.

"I'm so so sorry I couldn't help you and I wanted to be there and I wasn't and it's all my fault and I tried and I'm so so sorry I passed out and it's all my fault and I-."

I think she took us both by surprise when she rolled up onto her tiptoes and lightly kissed me.

It was like a current of electricity flowed through us, and I stopped speaking. I stopped thinking. My eyes closed, and I melted into her. My hand found her back, and pulled her closer. Her arms wrapped around my neck. Every inch of skin she touched seemed to be on fire. My brain was a complete blank, the occasional thought that managed to bounce through was jumbled and scrambled.

I pulled away and muttered,

"Is that your way of telling me to shut up?"

"Something like that." And as she kissed me once more, a thousand butterflies burst to life in my stomach.

I'd forgotten she could do this too me.

My lungs were burning, but hey, air is overrated anyways.

I heard a scuffle by the door, but was loath to break away just yet, and it seemed she felt the same.

I could not however, ignore the persistent tap on my shoulder. I wheeled to face Michael.

"Oh, sorry. Was I interrupting something?" He asked innocently. If looks could kill, he'd be six feet under right now.

I looked around to find the entire DA standing there. Everyone except Michael had the decency to look embarrassed.

"Well, um.. I rubbed the back of my neck, gazing at the ground.

"Soooooooooooo..." Hannah started, and then trailed off.

"We... um... wanted to talk to you." Seamus started.

"Oh, about what?" I was desperate to change the subject.

"So, ummm, none of our missions have gone well. Every single time they've known where we're striking and when. We think there's a possibility-."

"No. No, absolutely not. I know what you're about to say, and no. We don't have a mole. I refuse to believe anyone would betray us like that."

"But-."

"No." Hannah cut in.

"We can talk about this later." Lavender said calmly. "Just... think about it?"

"Okay. I-I'll think about it. But, just for the record, we don't have a mole. There's got to be some other way they know."

***

We were discharged from the hospital wing that night.

I didn't want to press my luck by trying to kiss her again, but she gave me a peck that took the air out of my lungs, and waved bye.

She took four steps away from me, and then turned back.

"Could you... could you walk me back to my Common Room?" Her tone tried so hard to be nonchalant, but her mouth was a thin line revealing inner terror.

"Yeah..." My tone was completely flat, but inside my heart was breaking.

Everything about our world is so completely and totally broken. This was messed up in the worst way, and there's nothing I can do to put it to rights.

So I walked her to her dorm, and waited until she was fully inside before leaving.

"Sleep well, I whispered, placing a hand against the one of the barrels. It was warm and smooth against my fingertips.

I let my hand fall away, and was promptly doused in vinegar.