Temporary Leave of Absence

Thanks to OliveTree12345 for the shifting objects in the office idea.

Thanks to starry_arthi for the trick wands ideas.

Idk who suggested the bowl of sinksap, and after 15 minutes searching for the comment I gave up. Really sorry to whoever that was, if you tell me, I'll fix it.

Ginny's POV

The next day, Professor Mcgonagall informed us with a grave expression, that we were now two Professors short.

"Unfortunately," she told us, "Alecto found a stolen wand in Amycus' desk drawer. She then used the Cruciatis Curse on him, and he responded likewise. They have taken a Temporary Leave of Absence, and are now in St. Mungo's. They will not be back for over a week."

I thought I saw her lip twitch.

"For the time being, Defense Against the Dark Arts and Muggle Studies are free periods, and all homework assigned by those teachers should be handed in to me. Any questions?"

Nobody raised their hand.

"Good." We all shuffled out, and my galleon burned. I didn't have to look to know what it said. I made my way to the Room.

Everyone was there, and I joined Neville and Luna at the front.

"This is an exiting opportunity. We have a choice. Do nothing and prove that the Carrows are responsible for our pranks, or sneak into their unattended offices and make things more difficult when they return."

"So, who wants to do nothing." I wasn't surprised when nobody raised their hand.

"So, ideas? We need four to five."

"Shift everything in the Carrow's Offices to the right several inches?" Michael suggested.

"Wait." Neville seemed confused. "So, just move things?"

"Exactly." He grinned.

"Genius." Padma told him.

"I still don't get it..." Neville's brow was furrowed.

"So, whenever they walk around the room, they're used to everything in one spot, but it's six inches out of place. So they constantly run into things."

Now Neville can join in the laughter.

"Subtle, but clever."

An idea was beginning to blossom in the far reaches of my mind.

"What about, hiding Fred and George's trick wands around their offices and classrooms? They'd think they were the real wands until the spells shoot out the wrong end."

"Brilliant, and how about putting doxies in their drawers?"

"No!" Luna emphatically stated. "No more animal pranks!"

"I don't care if they catch me, I want to do something."

"Absolutely not, I told you!" Luna was almost shouting now. "They'll, they'll torture you, Rolf."

"I don't care what happens to me!"

"Well I do!"

The rest of the DA was looking back and forth between them like this was a tennis match.

"Merlin Rolf, just be sensible. I, I can't lose you."

And she kissed him softly.

I felt the urge to throw up, run away, and rip his arms from his body all at the same time. I just barely suppressed it. I couldn't, however stop myself from coughing a little louder than strictly necessary, when his hand started to move higher then I'd like.

Luna's glared at me when they broke apart.

"I'm sorry, but did you really have to do that here?" I asked.

"Yeah, aren't there closets for that?" Michael wiggled his eyebrows. "Closets can work for other stuff too."

"I hate you." Rolf informed him.

"Nah, you don't. I'm too charming, charismatic, witty, handsome, -"

"Humble." Ginny added.

"Exactly! Point is, no one can hate me. I mean, sure, you can dislike me, but deep down you really love me, and wish you were my girlfriend."

"Can we just get back to the meeting?" Padma asked.

"Yes please." Lavender added.

***

After the meeting was over, we had three pranks. A bowl of sinksap over the office doors, rigged to tip, all the furniture moved six inches, and hidden fake wands.

I felt pretty good about our ideas, and was looking forward to being able to implement them.

Hey guys! This is basically a preparation chapter for the real pranks, but non-stressful can be good.

Here

Thanks,
Aria