Carrows Return

I'm going to start underlining the POV again to make it clearer. None of you probably care, but I just thought I should leave a message about it.

Luna's POV

Ginny moved the last tumbler into place, and the door swung open. The entire DA filed in, and started their jobs.

Alecto's desk was heavy, and it took several moments of effort before it began to move. Slowly, it moved, inch by inch, across the carpet. Then, I kneeled down, and rubbed the skid marks out of the rug.

No evidence we were ever here.

Until they find the trick wands, that is...

Everyone else was finishing their jobs, and without another word, we ran out into the night.

Ginny's POV

The next day, the Carrows returned.

Vengeful and angry, they prowled the corridors looking for anything out of place. They were intent upon catching us, but we were ahead of them at every turn.

When Amycus made us vote, Pansy Parkinson got the detention. And though she boasted of only writing lines, it was still a victory that we weren't in her place.

However, our cockiness was starting to make us careless, and one meeting Lavender payed the price.

She ran into the Room panting as if she'd just run a mile.

"Amycus." She puffed.

"What happened?" Seamus was on his feet.

"He caught me." She was regaining her breath now. "Tried to tie me up, but the wand. It was Fred and George's." She snickered.

"I Obliviated him and drew glasses and a lightning scar on his face." Her tone became serious almost immediately.

"He was being super creepy though." At my concerned look she added. "He didn't attack me, not exactly. He touched my face, but wasn't..."

I knew what she meant.

"I'm glad you escaped. Consider this a lesson. We really need to think these through more carefully from now on. No more spontaneous pranks. Careful planning, constant vigilance."

"Agreed." Luna emphatically stated. "This was a close call, and the Nargle protection I put up will only keep him out for so long."

I decided not to respond, and the meeting continued.

"So, any other pranks. Or just the usual?"

"Just the usual. But we're graffitiing tonight."

***

The next day, Amycus was wearing a balaclava. The beginning of a faded, but existent squiggle was just visible around his eyes.

Lavender looked at it like a precious work of art, and constantly whispered,

"I did that!" After ten minutes I got a little sick of it.

"We know. You've only told us fifty times!" I hissed back.

"Fine, sorry I'm happy! I just wanted my accomplishments to be recognized." She pouted.

"Sorry, I've just heard it a hundred times."

"It's fine." She looked furtively up at Amycus, then whispered.

"I did that."

I gave her a look.

"Sorry, I'm stopping now."

"Good, someone might hear. Then we'd have a real problem."

She exhaled, and all her energy seemed to drain in that puff.

"I know, it's just...he could've...he almost...he would've. Wow, I must sound so dramatic to you and Luna. He attacked you, and I'm complaining about my face being touched. But, it was the way he touched it."

"It's fine. He still hurt you."

"Yeah, I guess."

Luna's POV

That night, we snuck out of Ravenclaw Tower. We'd decided to split up and paint more hallways. Rolf, Neville, Hannah, and I were painting by the Great Hall.

I crept quietly down the steps, and out into the school. My eyes slid from shadow to shadow, fearing that each one was Alecto. Every suit of armor looked like Amycus, waiting to grab me.

Despite my worries, I reached the others without incident.

Neville was already there, and an uncompleted lion roared at me. It wasn't great, but I'd seen worse. I had started a few lines of my caricature by the time Rolf and Hannah turned up.

Hannah, it was discovered, was surprisingly artistic. She drew Amycus and Alecto being pushed out of one of the boats the first years used instead of Thestrals.

It was unexpectedly fun, but I couldn't help but notice the way Hannah and Neville looked at each other. I pulled Rolf aside, and whispered.

"Does she like him?"

"What?"

"Hannah. Does she like Neville."

"Does she?" I grabbed his shoulders, and shifted him towards the pair

"Look at them!"

Neville was watching Hannah paint. A small smile graced his lips, and his eyes were full of happiness. He was oblivious to the rest of the world.

"I still don't see it." He informed me. I sighed.

"I'm trying to decide who's more oblivious. You, or them." I pretended to think. "Yeah, you're both blind."

A cold voice behind me made me jump.

"Actually, you're all blind."

And Alecto Carrow stepped out of the shadows.

Cliffhanger (again). Are these chapters too short?

Here

Thanks,
Aria