The Not Funny Prank

So, this is basically a chapter full of nothing. It pretty much just takes up space. Kinda funny and sad, but no major plot significance.

Ginny's POV

Being at the Burrow again was wonderful, but I wished Ron were here. Although that would mean abandoning Harry, and if he did that I would kill him.

Literally

But, maybe if he came back...

Nope, still dead.

My thoughts were interrupted by a clattering and banging from Fred and George's Room.

"Ginny!" Mum called. "I'm busy. Could you check and make sure they aren't burning the house down?"

"Sure, mum."

She had required that they stay for Christmas, and so they were making their products here. Burning the house down was actually a possibility. So far, they'd singed the curtains in the living room, accidentally set off a dungbomb in the living room, and turned one of the chickens into a cat.

When I got up to their room, the smell of singed hair attacked my nostrils.

I sped up, and opened the door.

Luna's POV

Upstairs, I heard the door bang open. A loud drawling voice,

"I don't know why we need so many security enchantments, mother. It makes it impossible to get here in any reasonable amount of time."

"Exactly, dear. Security is more important than convince." I heard a voice that sent shivers up my spine.

"I don't know why he's complaining like that, Cissy. When we were his age, we were on missions for the Dark Lord. Not sitting in school learning how to turn flowers into kitty cats, or whatever it is you do there."

Draco's mother mumbled something incoherent, and Bellatrix laughed.

"Oh, right. That was just me. You didn't have the guts."

Her cackle was manic, and I shivered. I faint zipping noise told me I was playing with the pendant again.

I thought about Rolf, and smiled faintly. I missed the way his eyes looked into mine, even the way he walked and spoke. I missed his romantic gestures that made me fill up inside, and the way he always knew how to make me feel better.

A gnarled hand patted my shoulder comfortingly. I'd told Mr. Ollivander about Rolf. He was a good listener, and I was grateful he didn't point out that my problems were so insubstantial compared to his own.

In return, I told a bemused Ollivander about Nargles. He said it took his mind off our current situation.

Suddenly, an ear-piercing shriek rang from overhead.

Mr. Ollivander didn't even flinch. I however, jumped out of my skin.

Bellatrix laughed that crazed laugh that haunted my sleep, and the screaming intensified.

Suddenly, I wasn't in the cellar, but in a circular room. I was watching Alecto torturing Rolf, and wishing she would do it to me instead. I was helpless to protect him.

Tears were pouring out of my eyes, and someone was saying my name.

I returned to the present, and Ollivander was shaking me.

"Luna! Luna, what's wrong." The screaming had stopped. I wondered what had happened to that poor person.

"It's, it's nothing. Just memories."

We fell into silence.

Ginny's POV

When the door opened, thick black smoke enveloped me. It was impossible to see anything in the room. The smoke stung my eyes and I coughed as it entered my lungs.

I didn't want to go in, but what if they were hurt? I took a deep breath of clean air, and plunged into the smoke.

"Fred? George?" I called. The room was small, but in the blackness, it could have been a ballroom.

I couldn't draw a full breath, my eyes were beginning to water.

"Fred, I swear. If this is a prank, I will murder you!" My voice held a note of panic.

My hand brushed something, and I pulled. Something heavy, maybe a lamp, fell and shattered. Someone moved behind me. I whirled.

Something moved in front of me, and I struck out.

"Ow! Ginny... are you crazy? What'd you attack me for?" The fog vanished with a pop. George was standing there, clutching the side of his face. He had a weird tube in his mouth.

"Me? Me crazy? No, I was just worried you were dying of smoke inhalation!" Fred appeared behind me.

"Well, I personally do not plan on dying any time soon, by smoke inhalation or otherwise.

We were testing out a safety mechanism, and it only became a prank, when you walked right into it!"

"Excuse me for being concerned! Next time I'll let you suffocate."

"Consider yourself excused. And we won't suffocate. We have these." He gestured to the tube.

I sighed.

"Well, I'll go tell mum you're alright."

Neville's POV

"Neville! There's an owl here for you!" Gran called.

"Coming, Gran!"

I gloomily opened the door, and trod down the stairs. My sullen mood was mostly due to Luna's disappearance. The owl was a beautiful golden brown, and her amber eyes looked at me with an almost regal look.

I untied the letter, and she watched me unfold it.

Neville,

I'm really sorry about Luna. I know you're very close. I'm just sending this letter to make sure you're ok, and ask if you think the Dangerous Alligators will continue to win the Gobstone League.

If you need to talk or just want to chat, I'm only one letter away.

Take Care,
Hannah

My heart was beating too fast. It even smelled like her. She was smart, and obviously expected this letter to be intercepted.

The Dangerous Alligators was the DA, and she was wondering if we'd still continue now that we'd lost one of our leaders.

The owl cocked it's head, and waited. I scrambled to find a piece of paper.

Hannah,

I'm actually not doing very well, but I believe the Dangerous Alligators will win. They might take a short break, but they'll be back better than ever.

I have to believe Luna's alright. She needs to be.

Best Wishes,
Neville

I watched the owl fly off into the sky, and felt a sliver of optimism.

So, not too sad, right? Except for the Fred stuff, sorry about that.

Here

Thanks,
Aria