Young Love

My chapter names are terrible.

Neville's POV

"Would you like to go to Hogsmeade with me?"

"Wait, really? I-." My mind goes to Hannah and the way she smells like honey. But why would she care? We're just friends.

"I'd love to."

She beams, and before I know what's happening, her lips have slammed against mine and I'm kissing her back. She's doing this weird tongue thing, and combing her fingers though my hair, and I don't dislike it. But I don't really enjoy it either.

She smells like pomegranates.

The door opens, and I hear the last voice in the world that I want here right now.

"Hey Neville-." Hannah's sentence is choked off when she sees us.

By the time I've disentangled myself from Sally-Anne, she's already gone.

I ran out into the hallway, and just barely se her hair rounding a corner. I chase after.

"Hannah, wait!" She pauses, and when she speaks her voice is heavy with heartbreak.

"Don't apologize. I get it. You chose her."

"No, that's-."

"Really? So I didn't just see her sticking her tongue in your mouth?"

"Well-."

"I need to talk with her to make sure she has good intentions with my Brother."

Without another word she walked away, and I felt empty.

***

The next day, I heard she asked Ernie out. I told myself I didn't care.

I knew I was lying.

Sally-Anne and I were going to Madam Puddifoot's, but the all the pink made me want to barf. The date honestly couldn't end fast enough, but Sally-Anne really wasn't bad company.

She just wasn't the company I wanted.

Midway though the date, I tried to imagine she was Hannah, and quite enjoyed the remaining ten minutes. I'd finally figured it out.

I like Hannah.

And I'm 24 hours too late.

Rolf wasn't at lunch. Nobody'd seen him come back from Hogsmeade either. He wasn't at the top of the Astronomy tower, or answering his galleon.

The DA ranged from terrified for him, to thinking he was sitting somewhere crying.

Sally-Anne apparently enjoyed our date, and considered herself my girlfriend. I didn't know how to tell her I wanted someone else.

And I don't know how to make Hannah understand how deeply I regretted my choice.

Luna's POV

Bellatrix dragged me down into the cellar, and threw me inside. I hit the floor and passed out.

Sometime later, there was a commotion above me. I slowly opened my eyes, and peered around. But I couldn't guess what was happening.

My body complained as I got to my feet.

The door at the top of the stairs opened, and I recoiled. Thinking of Bellatrix, of knifes and torture.

But there was a struggle, and a thud. The bars opened and someone stumbled in. Someone looked up.

"Lun?"

He was backlit and I couldn't see his face. But the way he stood, his voice, the way I suddenly seemed full of warmth, and the nickname that only one person used clicked in my subconscious. I was running towards him before I full understood why.

I wrapped my arms around him, and tears brimmed in my eyes.

"Rolf."

His arms were restrained, but he awkwardly tried to hug me back. I walked behind him, and quickly unraveled the knots.

"Did they hurt you?" Was the first thing he asked.

"Bellatrix did. But it only lasted a few minutes, and-."

"That's not what I mean, and you know it."

"No. They didn't.

But Rolf? She broke it. Bellatrix broke the necklace." He looks momentarily crestfallen, but shakes it off.

"It doesn't matter. It was just an object. I'm glad you're safe."

His mouth was on mine and his hand was in my hair. I kissed him back with two month's worth of longing. We only broke apart when our lungs screamed for air.

"I love you so much." He murmured. He kissed me again, and the rest of the world seemed to fade away.

Suddenly the kiss lost it's sweetness, and because intense. We took several steps backwards, until I hit the wall. Our bodies were moving in sync, and for the first time, I wanted more than kisses. From the feel of him against me, I could tell he was thinking along those lines as well.

Ollivander coughed from behind us, and the moment vanished.

"I suppose you know each other then?" Rolf broke away.

"Yes Luna's my girlfriend. Now go away Micha- wait, who are you?"

"He's Ollivander the wandmaker." I was a out of breath.

"Oh, yeah. I think I remember you."

"I remember your wand. A very unusual one. Eleven inches exactly, Unicorn hair, oak."

"Yep, that one was mine. The Snatchers have it now."

"Shame. I nearly lost a finger to that unicorn. He did not appreciate me pulling his tail."

The conversation droned away, and my head began to spin. All the aches and pains Bellatrix had inflicted were throbbing, and I sunk into a sitting position.

Rolf was immediately by my side.

"You should sleep." I tried to object, but my eyes were already closing.