Hopefully not Awkward

In Language Arts, my teacher talked about description

So, how is my, description? Too much, too little, just right?

Ginny's POV

The first thing I did when I was discharged, was go find Professor Mcgonagall. I had no clue what I would say to her, but it seemed wrong not to.

I rapped lightly on the door of her office. The wood was warm against my knuckles.

"Come in." I paused, and she spoke again with a slightly more commanding tone. "Ms. Weasley, come in."

I was almost regretting coming, but there really was no way out now. I opened the door, and walked in.

Her office was cozy yet posh, with a mahogany desk, and shelves lined with books. A puffy red couch with assorted pillows faced a dwindling fire that burnt almost as if it too was tired.

Professor Mcgonagall looked up from an article of Transfiguration Today, and smiled sadly over her spectacles.

"Close the door, Ms. Weasley." I turned to do as she asked, but started when I saw the wood door was gone. Instead, there was a hazy outline. I brushed the opaque wood with a fingertip. Still wood. I could feel the grain's flow, even though it appeared my fingers were hovering in air. When Mcgonagall saw me watching it, it turned back to wood in a pop.

"Am I going to have to tell you everything twice?" I shut the door.

"I, I wanted to ask you about... what happened." I closed my eyes. Don't let this be awkward, don't let this be awkward. I crossed my arms.

This was almost definitely going to be awkward.

"Ahh, yes. Professor Mcgonagall cleared her throat. "Yes, well, I saw something that was wrong, and I put it right."

There was a pause.

"I was fed up with everything that they'd been doing to this school. And then with the way he was looking at you... how do you go through that every day?"

"It's not every day, only once a week or so. And he usually doesn't do anything but look at me."

The teacher looked aghast.

"I'm going to..." But her sentence trailed off. There was nothing she could do. "I'm so sorry, Ms. Weasley."

"It's fine, we'll be gone for Easter Holidays, then..." Then right back here again. How could I do this for the remaining months till the end of the year? And I still have a whole other year left.

I sank down into her soft red couch.

"Ms. Weasley?" I looked up. "The war's not over yet."

Neville's POV

So far, Padma was the only person to wake up, and even that'd been brief. But now, Seamus was stirring.

He groaned and tried to roll over. But the second his back moved away from the mattress, he gasped and opened his eyes.

"Oww." He groaned, and his eyes opened a fraction.

"How are you feeling?" Susan asked tentatively.

"Bloody awful, how 'bout you?"

"Well, that's to be expected." Madam Pomfrey came bustling in. She set a small bottle on the stand next to him. "Drink that when you're strong enough."

"Do I want to know how bad it was?" Seamus asked warily.

"Probably not. But if you'd gone to a Muggle doctor, you would have almost definitely died." My friend winced, and even that looked like it hurt.

"How're Padma and Anthony?"

"They'll recover. Padma will have a few scars. I managed to heal it in a way that if the war ends by the end of the year, I may have a chance at erasing the scars."

Parvati had been resting her head on the wall, but it shot up at these words.

"What! Why have I not heard of this!?" She almost but not quite shrieked.

"You never asked." Madam Pomfrey's tone was slightly apologetic. Seamus cut off Padma's response.

"I have more questions!"

"Like what?" Madam Pomfrey waited with raised brows.

"Can I have a cookie?" I don't know where she got it, but Madam Pomfrey handed him a cookie. It was topped with nuts and chocolate, and my mouth watered just looking at it.

"Hey! I want a cookie." Michael exclaimed.

"MY COOKIE!" Seamus yelled, and took a big bite.

"Protective much?" Michael grumbled. "Well, joke's on you, I can just go down to the kitchens and get another one. See how mature and responsible I am?"

He stuck out his tongue.

"Actually, I wouldn't advise that." Seamus now looked serious. "I think one of the house-elves ratted us out."

Hey guys, thanks so much for getting this far. Quick question. A few chapters ago, I realized I don't have any LGBTQ ships. This wasn't intended, it's just I'm straight, and so I relate more to Boy x Girl ships.

I'm trying to fix it, but I don't really know where to start. Does anyone have suggestions? (They can't contradict cannon)

Also, how was the description?