Escape

Luna's POV

The door opened and slammed shut, jarring me awake. I'd been having such a lovely dream too. About Rolf, and finally seeing him again.

Like I'd ever get out of this place.

"What is this?" Narcissa sounded cold; like she usually did when she wasn't down in the cellar with us."

"We're here to see He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!" I flinched. The voice was oddly raspy, terrifying. But it took a minute to recognize Fenrir Greyback. My mind had remembered what my brain forgot, causing the involuntary reaction.

"Who are you?" She sounded bored.

"You know me! Fenrir Grayback! We've caught Harry Potter!"

No! My heart seemed to stop. No, no, no! I hung on the next words, listening so hard my ears might bleed. I had no trouble remembering Scabior's voice. All the places his blows had landed seemed to throb in memory.

"I know 'es swollen, ma'am, but it's 'im! If you look a bit closer, you'll see 'is scar. And this 'ere, see the girl? The Mudblood who's been traveling around with 'im, ma'am. There's no doubt it's 'im, and we've got 'is wand as well! 'Ere, ma'am."

No, not Hermione too! Do they have Ron?

"Bring them in." I thought I caught a hint of something, but it was too overwhelmed by apathy to be sure. "Follow me. My son, Draco, is home for his Easter holidays. If that is Harry Potter, he will know."

Please, please, please don't let it be them.

"What is this?" I didn't recognize this voice. It was male, drawling, and sort of like Draco. Possibly Lucius, or some other relative.

When had he gotten here? Had he been here this whole time, and simply not interfered in the sister's quarrels?

"They say they've got Potter. Draco come here." There was a very long silence.

"Well boy?" Greyback rasped. Another, shorter pause. My heart seemed to stop as I hung on his next words.

"Well Draco? Is it? Is it Harry Potter?"

"I can't be sure..." Draco sounded terrified. Lucius's anticipation only seemed to grow.

"But look at him carefully, look, come closer. Draco, if we are the ones who hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything will be forgiv-."

"Now, we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope Mr. Malfoy?" Greyback's tone would have made even the bravest wizard run for the hills.

"Of course not, of course not! What did you do to him? What did you do to him? How did he get into this state?" What state? Is he injured?

"That wasn't us."

"Looks more like a Stinging Jinx to me." I sighed in relief. "There's something there," he whispered. "it could be the scar, stretched tight.... Draco, come here, look properly! What do you think?"

"I don't know."

We had better be certain, Lucius," Narcissa sounded so uncaring, it made me shudder. "Completely sure that it is Potter, before we summon the Dark Lord... They say this is his... but it does not resemble Ollivander's description.... If we are mistaken, if we call the Dark Lord here for nothing... Remember what he did to Rowle and Dolohov?"