Detention

Warning, possible trigger factors ahead. This chapter is considerably darker than previous chapters. I honestly made myself feel sick multiple times while writing this.

Neville's POV

I open the door, and saw an ordinary circular classroom. Ginny and Luna were already there, along with Amicus and Alecto.

It had no desks or chairs, but that was nothing to be concerned about. Until the door locked behind me. That was definitely something to be concerned about.

Trying not to be terrified, I leaned against a wall, attempting to act casual. I didn't speak to my friends; things seemed tense and suspenseful. No one wanted to break the silence.

They can't hurt us... The words rang false, even in my head.

When she noticed me, Alecto addressed the group.

"Good, we're all here. I hope you know why you've received this detention.

If not, Ms. Lovegood, you're here, because you are the least liked person in class. And, if you don't want a repeat experience, I recommend you make more friends.

Ms. Weasley, you are here, because you disobeyed instructions. You really should have just voted, it would have been easier, and I'm sure there's someone who you hate.

And Mr. Longbottom. You are here to reminisce about mum and dad."

She smirked, and her voice took on a vicious edge.

"First memory, They were losers. Your dad only made it a day, before he started losing his memory. Your mum made it two."

My jaw clenched, but she continued.

"The last thing she told him that wasn't unintelligible rubbish was,

"I love you. We just need to make it one more day. Everything will be alright. I promise. Hold on for our son, Frank. Hold on for Neville. We'll make it though this."

Alecto laughed. "Of course, they didn't. When the stupid Order found time to save them, their minds were long gone."

A red film fell in front of my eyes.
How dare she! How dare she talk about my parents. How dare she.
My hands curled into fists.

I didn't think, I ran at her, intending to hurt her as badly as I could, as badly as she'd hurt all those innocent people. As badly as she'd hurt my parents.

I made it five feet.

Chains sprang from the wall I had just been leaning against, and prevented me from punching her by wrapping tightly around my wrists.

Their was a moment where time seemed suspended. I looked into her face, the small smile curling the corner of her mouth. The rage coursed though my blood, but before I could do anything, I was harshly slammed back against the wall by the manacles.

Ginny made a small, surprised squeak.

All the air left my lungs in a puff, and a dull pain radiated across my back. It would probably bruise, but that meant nothing, nothing, compared to punishing this woman before me. This woman who mocked my parents last moments of sanity.

My hands were pinned away from my sides. The chain was so short, I could only move a couple of inches.

I struggled against my bindings for a moment, before realizing it was hopeless.

I started reach for my wand, but the chains were too short; I couldn't reach my pocket. I slumped against the wall, cursing.

Alecto was watching my struggle with a small smile on her face.