I hope they're ok

Quick note: the chapter name isn't referring to anything writer based, it's actually relevant to this chapter.

Also, I can't say I didn't see this coming, but there is a lot Sally-Anne hating.

NEVILLE IS SINGLE RIGHT NOW. It is perfectly fine for her to hit on him.

But, as I'm writing this, I realize she doesn't actually have feelings, so hate on her all you want.

Ok, rant over

Luna's POV

Draco had gone. A few hours before he'd disapparated with his mother, he'd given us a small bag of apples, some cheese and more of that bread with the nuts and fruit.

He turned away, but pivoted back around. We'd never talked before. He'd always left immediately after, and sometimes I was barely even able to thank him.

He seemed to be having a mental argument. After several moments, he finally spoke.

"Hey."

He was shifting his weight from his toes, to his heels, as if he were about to jump into an abyss. I patently waited for him to get to the point.

"So, I just wanted to say... I'm sorry."

"What?" Whatever I was expecting, it wasn't this.

"I'm sorry." He repeated

"But, what are you sorry for? You've been giving us food."

"Do you need a list of all the things I've done? All the things I regret?" He gave a dry laugh. "I'm sorry for calling you 'Loony' in your first year, I'm sorry for breaking those multicolored glasses. I'm sorry for making fun of the Crumpled Horn Snorkel." I tried to correct him, but he plowed onward.

I'm sorry for not saying something about my family's crazy beliefs. I'm sorry for getting the Dark Mark. I'm sorry for giving Katie that necklace. I'm sorry for poisoning that mead. I'm sorry for letting the Death Eaters into Hogwarts. I'm sorry for every moment since.

And I am so, so sorry for not unlocking this door right now and helping you escape. But I'm just not brave enough." He sounded defeated, and I felt an urge to console him.

"We all have bravery inside us. And I don't judge you for any of those other things."

"You should."

He turned and walked up the stairs. The door at the top was slammed with more force then strictly necessary. Behind me, I could feel Ollivander.

"You shouldn't have reassured him. He's done enough to deserve every ounce of guilt. Without him, Dumbledore would still be alive. Hogwarts would be free. The Carrows would be far, far away from your friends. Do you know what his job was for You-Know-Who this summer?"

He didn't wait for me to think. "He punished those who failed Him. He was a torturer. Possibly a killer.

Does that really sound like someone who deserves forgiveness?"

I was speechless. I pitied Draco more than I hated him, but those curses were unforgivable for a reason.

"I, I don't know. He seemed sorry, and every story has two sides."

"Some sides aren't worth telling."

"That's harsh."

"It's true."

"If you limit yourself to one side of the story, you close your mind to perspectives that are not your own. You live in an echo chamber of affirmation and never guess that you could be wrong."

Ollivander glared and didn't say anything.

"Apple?"

He took one, but his glare didn't waver. I also helped myself, and sunk my teeth into the fruit.

I'd forgotten how good fresh fruit was. As I remembered last week's event's I looked into the small bag.

The apples were halfway gone. We still had a fair amount of bread and cheese left, but I stressed nonetheless.

Ollivander didn't care as much as he should. The dry biscuits continued to come, and we could have survived off them. But I never wanted to feel that gnawing ache again.

From upstairs, Bellatrix was distantly screaming about rats. Wormtail probably broke a plate something.

Zip, Zoo. Zip, Zoo. Zip, Zoo. Zip, Zoo.

I hoped Rolf was ok.

Neville's POV

Sally-Anne was very talkative. She would occasionally just pop out of classrooms and strike up a conversation.

Today, she was wearing far too much makeup, and blinking way too many times. She had these shoes with five inch heels, and I was shocked she wasn't sprawled on the floor. She wobbled quite a bit though, and was constantly grabbing me for support.

I wondered if she was trying to impress a boy.

I pushed the thought out of my mind. It's none of your business. Sally-Anne's funny and smart; whoever he is, he should be flattered.

Hannah didn't seem to like the newest DA member. She kept glaring and clenching her jaw.

It was odd. Hufflepuffs were usually so nice, but Hannah and her friends seemed to be cold shouldering her.

The next Hogsmeade weekend was coming up, and as it got closer and closer, Rolf got sadder and sadder.

One DA meeting, we couldn't find him. It was terrifying, and we thought the Carrows had gotten him.

But Ginny got this peculiar expression, and told us to check the top of the Astronomy Tower.

Sure enough, he was laying on his back, looking up at the stars. His hand was off the the side as if he was imagining someone's hand in it.

When he saw us, he murmured,

"I hope Luna's ok."