After the Ball

This is really short, but it doesn't fit with the next character, or the previous one, so this is almost a half chapter.

Luna's POV

Later that night, Rolf and I snuck out of the Room of Requirement. As I dashed up to Ravenclaw Tower, I pondered what I'd felt.

It scared me a little.

But my cheeks ached from smiling, and the places where he his skin brushed mine tingled with goosebumps.

I reached the knocker.

"When you lose something, where will you find it?"

"It depends on where you lost it?"

"Unconventional, but technically correct."

"Thank you." The door swung open.

Inside, it was empty. The DA probably hadn't finished graffitiing and whatever else they were doing.

I collapsed onto my bed without even bothering to change out of my dress or pull the covers over me. I had a smile on my face as sleep overwhelmed me.

And for the first time in a long while, my dreams were free of nightmares.

***

My eyes fluttered open. It was pitch black. As the fragments of my dream floated away, I heard someone moving.

"Who's there?"

Padma's voice mumbled from the darkness.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. I just didn't know if you were here. The DA's been looking for you. We were supposed to meet in the Room of Requirement, but it was locked.

Seamus swears he heard music from inside, but nobody else did.

"Yeah, about that..."

I told her.

"Awww, Luna that's so romantic. You totally shouldn't have, but, squee!"

"Yeah. I completely forgot about the meeting though. I should go apologize to Ginny."

I started to get up, but Parvati put a hand on my arm.

"No, the package has dissolved. It's a terrible idea to wander the corridors. The Death Eaters who aren't vomiting, bleeding, burning up, or their head feels like it's about to explode are scouring the castle for anyone out of place.

Also, they're really angry, because we made them listen to this American Muggle song, it repeated a lot in a bunch of different languages, and got super annoying. But it basically said we all live on the same tiny planet, so we might as well be friends."

"What?"

"I know. I heard Yaxley eventually Avada Kedavraed the speaker. But it gets stuck in your head, so now they're all humming it."

"No!"

"Yes, I never thought I'd hear Alecto sing, And a smile means Friendship to everyone. Bellatrix yelled at her, and she stopped, but still...I don't think she realized she was doing it, to be honest. I think she was just thinking about it. That song gets into your head like a parasite, and you just can't help but hum along.

And after they started looking, they wanted to put on their masks, to make it seem more intimidating. Michael almost gave away our hiding spot because of his laughing. They had these big eyes, brimming with tears, and it just made you go awwww. Totally not the intended look. Did not inspire terror...at all.

So, yeah. Snape's party is ruined. He's furious. All the Death Eaters are gone except for the ones who can't stand. And no one was caught."

"Brilliant."

"Yeah, but security'll be tightened a lot now."

"It was worth it."

"Oh, yes definitely! We finally did something real! It'll just be harder in the future. And that scares me." I yawned. Let's go to sleep, I'm tired."

But it was a long time before I closed my eyes.

Hey, I know it's short. If you guess what song the Death Eaters listened to, PM it to me. Or just put in on here, either works. If you get in right, you win bragging rights. I'll tell you in the next chapter. Put anything else,

Here

Thanks,
Aria