Hogsmeade

Neville's POV

Despite everything, life went on. The next weekend was a trip to Hogsmeade, and I wanted to ask Hannah to go with me.

Of course she's going to say yes, she's your girlfriend! And what's the worst that could happen!? She apologizes and says she already promised to go with Susan or something!? There literally is no way this could backfire.........

Right?

But I still hesitated.

"Hey."

I jumped and turned. Hannah smiled, her head cocked at at adorable angle. Her thumbs were hooked in her pockets, and she took a little step closer before kissing my nose.

I couldn't help but smile and chuckle a little bit. Then I kissed her nose lightly, and then her lips in quick succession.

It was meant to be a brief peck, but she grabbed the back of my neck, deepening the kiss and making me forget all about Hogsmeade, and even that I needed to tell her... whatever it was.

Ok, let's be honest; making me forget my own name.

"Hey." I repeated stupidly. She laughed lightly, almost breezily.

I wanted to tell her something, I knew I did, but it eluded me and I just couldn't think of it. She was just so beautiful and-. Suddenly I remembered, and my mind snapped back to the task at hand.

"Dyouwanttgothogsmeade?"

"What?"

I breathed in deeply, then exhaled slowly. I could feel my heart slamming into my ribs, and tried to slow it's rapid flutter.

"Would you... er.... like to go to Hogsmeade with.... me?" I

A smile broke across her face.

"I'd love too."

And I smiled too.

"Great."

***

Most of the snow had melted, leaving large puddles. I threaded my fingers through hers, and tried not to skip through the streets.

I felt like I could take on all of You-Know-Who's inner circle and win, because I was here at Hogsmeade, and Hannah was holding my hand and life just couldn't be more perfect.

But all the joy left in a puff when I saw the poster.

________________________________
UNDESIRABLE
NO. 1

HARRY POTTER

Contact the ministry of magic immediately if you have any information concerning his whereabouts. Failing to report will result in imprisonment.

> REWARD <
10,000 Galleons
________________________________

I don't know why it surprised me. They've been up since September, but somehow I'd forgotten. The cracks in our world reach farther than Hogwarts. They reach farther than England, farther even then Europe.

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named could squash us, and not even notice.

I shivered, suddenly cold in the late March wind.

"D'you want to go to Honeydukes?" I thought wistfully of the steamy shop.

"Actually... d'you know that Tea Shop... Madam Puddifoot's? It's a cozy little pink store with the most adorable little frilly decorations."

"Yeah. I've... heard of it."

"Let's go there." She excitedly exclaimed.

"Really?" I tried to keep the despair out of my voice.

"Well, why not? Apart from the fact that it's frilly. And pink. And so cramped you can barely get your tea served. And just all around horrid. Apart from that, why not?"

I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I thought you were serious."

"But you would have come anyways? Even though it's detestable and probably makes you want to vomit?"

"Even though it's detestable, and makes me want to vomit, yes, I probably would have. I mean, if I'm with you... how bad could it be?"

"Neville... that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard."

I felt myself go red, and muttered under my breath,

"Let's go to The Three Broomsticks?"

***

Inside, the warm, slightly smoky smelling building, I spotted other DA members. Lavender and Parvati chatted near the counter. Susan and Anthony Goldstein waved Madam Rosmerta over and started ordering something.  Parvati seemed to be glancing every few seconds over Lavender's shoulder. I followed her gaze.

Michael and Padma snogged shamelessly in the corner.

Of course they were.

Hannah pulled me to an empty table, and after a few moments, Madam Rosmerta came to take our order of Butterbeers.

"Soooooooooo..." I suddenly realized I had no idea what to talk about.

Ask her what her favorite color is?

I already know it's pale blue and mint green. She told me in a letter over Christmas break. I don't want her to think I wasn't paying attention.

Ask her what her favorite kind of doughnut is?

That's stupid.

The bell on the door tinkled, and Hannah flinched. She glanced up at me to see if I'd noticed.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes!" She snapped.

"Are you sure, because-."

"Can we talk about something else?" She interrupted. 

"Of course." I searched for something, anything to change the subject to. "What do you think of the Appleby Arrows' last game?"

"It was almost hard to watch."

"Galvin Gudgeon really needs to be faster. I mean, they lost to the Chudley Cannons. I think that's the first time that ever happened."

She laughed, and it sounded completely normal.

"But the Cannons really did step up their game." She added. "I don't know how long that's going to last, but, at least right now, they're 12th it the league."

"That would be bad for anyone else." I chuckled.

"But for them, that's an all time high." She finished.

Now it was my turn to laugh.

Before I knew it, we'd finished our Butterbeers, and were ready to leave.

"Where do you want to go now?" She asked.