The Next Plan

I had no idea what to name this.

Luna's POV

The utopia of the previous evening was left me optimistic, but I was cruelly reminded the really of our situation during my next Dark Arts class.

"Today I will be giving you another lecture on
Sectumsempra, but first."

He waved his wand, and a paper flew to each of us. It landed on my desk with a muffled slap.

No! Not again. Who would I vote?

There was nobody in this class who I was hated enough to sentence them to that. There was nobody in the world I hated that much. Actually, there was nobody I hated.

Amycus's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"You are not going to write who you want to receive a detention. I am hosting an...extra credit opportunity. Simply write yes or no.

At least it was easy.

No

But, this did intrigue me. What was "extra credit" to such an evil teacher. It scared me a little.

Ok, it scared me a lot.

The papers flew back, and he searched though them. A flicker of disappointment crossed his lumpy face, but he shrugged it off.

Nobody wants to do the extra credit.

I felt a prickle of happiness at this small failure of his, but immediately felt guilty.

I shouldn't glorify in anyone's defeat, not even this pathetic excuse for a man. And this really is such a small thing, it doesn't even matter in the long run. And besides, he'll find plenty of people amongst the Slytherins. Crabbe and Goyle definitely. There's no point in this bringing you joy. It's just petty, really.

But I had to work very hard to keep my lip from twitching upwards.

Amycus talked for an hour about the incarceration of Sectumsempra. He could give Professor Binns a run for his money.

I could feel my brain dying.

I doodled absently on a piece of paper. His droning voice faded into a dull murmur.

I finished my drawing, and looked down at it.

I had drawn a boy with curly brown hair and chocolate colored eyes. He was riding a thestral, but the thing that made my heart leap into my throat was the girl sitting behind him. She had long blonde hair, and large blue eyes. Her hands were around his waist, and her head was against his shoulder. A rainbow stretched the sky behind them.

I folded up the picture, and put it in my pocket.

I might frame it later.

***

I was paying so little attention to Amycus's lecture, that I was caught off guard when it ended. Around me, students were coming out of stupors, and slowly getting up.

Outside, I was halfway to the Ravenclaw Common Room, when I remembered the DA meeting. I dashed up to the Room of Requirement, and a door appeared for me.

Inside, Neville was talking. I walked up to the front, and stood by him and Ginny.

"Every mission we've tried had failed in some way or another. Seamus was captured. Then so were Luna, Ginny, and I. They didn't hurt us, because Snape stopped them. But," he looked at Ginny, and there was a question in his eyes. Ginny looked back, then briskly said.

"I need to speak to Lavender, Parvati, Padma, Hannah, Susan, and Luna."

A door appeared, and the girls stepped into the newly created room.

"Ok, so I called you in here to tell you something. You already know Amycus is a creep, but.." Ginny appeared to be steeling herself. "But at our last detentions, he...he tried to...he tried to rape me."

I realized it was the first time she'd said it. We'd been dodging saying it, hoping that it would go away if it wasn't named. They girls gasped, but Hannah didn't look quite as surprised as the others.

Ginny pressed on. Her face was clouded with indistinguishable emotions.

"The first time Alecto stopped him. She said apparently You-know-who had specifically told him not to. Then, when we tried to steal the Sword, she was so mad, that she didn't care. Snape was furious when he stopped it.

So, just don't get caught. Any of you. Please."

Everyone nodded. Parvati looked positively panicked. Her hand found her twin's, and squeezed.

"Well, we should join the boys." I told the group. "They might think the Nargles carried us off."

I stayed behind and grabbed Ginny.

"Are you ok? I can't imagine that was easy to talk about." She sighed.

"It wasn't, but they deserve to know what they risk."

"Nobody should have too."

"No, they shouldn't."

"That's what we're fighting for."

Neville's POV

I watched as the girls re-entered the room. Many of them looked queasy, and I completely understood.

I caught Hannah's eyes, and tried to give her a "It'll be alright" look.

She smiled back grimly.

"So, what's our next idea? We should think smaller."

"Maybe graffiti?"

"Sure."

"DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY! In big capital letters."

"Yeah!"

"What about, The Nargles Are Coming to Drive the Carrows Out of Hogwarts, Never to be Seen Again?" Luna suggested.

"That's a little long. And besides, they'd know it was you."

Luna sighed. "Ok, let's be boring."

I smiled. Once again, we had a plan.

Another update! Thank you all so much for getting this far. It means so much. Comments, criticism, thoughts, suggestions

Here

Thanks,
Aria