We're in Trouble

More trigger factors then there has been before. I made myself sick and if you feel uncomfortable skip Ginny's POV.

Five minutes earlier

Neville's POV

I stood at the doorway to Snape's office, wand in hand. With any luck, I wouldn't need it. But since when had I been lucky?

I heard spells from upstairs, then footsteps from a few steps away. I peered around the corner.

A whispered voice. "Silencio." My hand rushed to my wand, but cold fingers closed over my wrist. My hand was twisted behind me until the muscles felt like they would tear.

Alecto hissed in my ear. "What do we have here?" I wanted to punch her. To be fair, I always wanted to punch her.

"You should be in the Great Hall, Mr. Longbottom. Not standing here protecting a door. Yes, no harm will ever come to this door with brave Mr. Longbottom on the case."

She bent my arm farther. and a soundlessly gasped in pain.

"A shame, that the same cannot be said of your parents. Although, this door is stronger than they ever were, so it has an advantage."

The surge of rage was all too familiar, but I could do nothing about it.

She glanced at me for a moment then blandly saying "Stupefy," and I knew no more.

Luna's POV

The Gargoyle stepped aside to reveal Alecto Carrow. All my fears rushed back to me, my heart pounded against my chest like a trapped bird. Will that heart continue to beat when the day is over? I thought about how things had ended with Rolf, and how much I wanted to do with my life.

Don't be stupid, she won't kill you. Probably. She can't. Can she?

I was undoubtedly about to endure torture, but what else? Would she let her brother...no. She couldn't. She was a monster, but she was still a woman. She'd empathize, maybe? It all came down to Snape. But why would Snape care?

I could not let her thoughts go down these paths. Thinking about the determined future was bad enough.

One step at a time.

Ginny hid the sword behind her back, as if the Professor couldn't see the extra foot of the blade as it poked above her head.

In desperation, I pointed my wand at her but she was too quick,

"Expeliarmus." My wand left my hand. "Now, give me the sword, or I'll take it."

"No." Ginny looked terrified but defiant.

"Give me the sword, or you'll drop it when you writhe in agony." Her tone was completely even, they might have been discussing the weather.

"No!"

"Fine, how about, Give me the sword or Mr. Longbottom has a very painful wake-up call. And then I take it from your screaming body." She pointed her wand at him for extra emphasis. Ginny looked between them. She seemed to be calculating. I knew what she was thinking.

We'll be punished anyways, giving them the sword won't change that. But, they'd take the sword, so why make things harder for ourselves. But the mutual loathing made us unwilling and cooperate. But, Neville...She refused in a heartbeat when it was just her, but he wasn't part of the discussion. We couldn't do that to him without his knowledge. The smartest choice was to hand it over, but the smartest choice was to have never come here in the first place.