Pepper Prank

Dear readers, I went to a lot of effort to discover what the hottest pepper in the world was at the time this book took place. But it really only gets one line so I want my efforts to be recognized.

Also recognize the efforts of OliveTree12345 who came up with this prank.

Luna's POV

The cellar slowly began to warm up. I hadn't noticed the dank chill that seeped into my bones, until it was gone.

Narcissa told us it was close to the Easter Holiday. I wished I was home.

Well, not home. I don't know if I could face Daddy right now. I don't even know how to begin to describe how I felt towards him.

It wasn't angry, exactly. Holding on to anger just made you shrivel up inside. I was definitely angry at first, but now I'm just sad. Sad that he cared more about me than the future of both the Magical and Muggle worlds.

I didn't really know how to deal with that.

But I wish I was with Rolf. I really wanted to meet his grandfather; I'd only read his book five thousand million times.

I hoped he was nice.

I'd also like to be at the Weasley's. I didn't know any of them except for Ron and the twins, but from the way she talked about them, they seemed nice. No, it was more than nice. They seemed almost warm in a way Daddy never was.

Which brought me back to Daddy and the complex stream of emotions associated with him.

Sometimes I wished I never had to feel this. That I could stuff all these feelings up in a bag, and burry them. But it would only be worse when I finally felt them.

Neville's POV

Easter Holiday was coming up soon, and the DA wanted to pull off one last, big prank before we left.

Jason had become one of our top brainstormers, but his ideas were usually ineffectively tame.

Such as, going into the kitchens and mixing up the salt and pepper labels, (not even salt and sugar. They're different colors, you can tell by looking at them.)

Whenever someone pointed these things out, he instantly backed down.

Finally, we got a good idea. Sally-Anne elaborated on the idea of breaking into the kitchens, and suggested putting Bhut Jolokia peppers in their food.

To my surprise, Padma was the first person to volunteer. She practically threw her hand up into the air. Antony and Seamus also volunteered to go.

The plan was rolling along so smoothly, with any luck we might get it done today. The house-elves would probably have the pepper, and the Carrows liked their food 'specially prepared with top notch ingredients,' and though this made it a lot more work for the elves, it would be easier to identify.

Michael said that the elves should give them the same food as everyone, just put little flags on it so it looked fancy.

"They'd never even know the difference!"

House-elf overwork aside, the prank would be easy. Simple in and out.

Anthony and Parvati would walk in asking for Custard Bursts and peppers. Once the house-elves got the food, Seamus would drop a dungbomb outside. In the confusion, they'd drop the peppers into the specially prepared food.

"Well, good luck." Ginny told them. Jason paled.

"Wait, they're going right now?" Ginny nodded. Her eyebrows drew together in confusion that this seemed to be a problem.

"Umm, I got to go. Bathroom." And he sprinted out.

After a confused moment of silence, everyone went back to what they were doing.

"Bye, bunny." Michael kissed Padma then whispered something in her ear. She smiled and turned slightly pink.

Hannah gave Susan a little push, and she walked towards Anthony. Then, to my surprise, and I think his too, Susan turned beet red and muttered,

"Umm, bye." She then ran away and hid behind Hannah.

Now Anthony was blushing, but he also seemed a little confused.

"Really, nobody's going to say goodbye to me?" Seamus asked.

Lavender smiled a little bit, then practically sashayed up to him. He looked half hopeful, half something else.

Then she stuck out her hand for him to shake.

"Goodbye, Mr. Finnegan." He looked crestfallen and she giggled. "Are you going to shake my hand or not?"

He shook her hand.

"Are we doing this or not?" Padma complained. "All these goodbyes are really not necessary. We'll be back in thirty minutes, tops.

There's practically no danger. Who's gonna turn us in, the house-elves?"

With that, they left. After about five minutes, Jason came back.

"That was like a fifteen minute bathroom break." Ginny commented.

Jason shrugged in response. He pushed to the back of the room. His hand grazed Hannah's and she flinched a little bit.

I moved over to her. 

"What happened."

"He just didn't wash hands." She replied. At my surprised look she elaborated. "His hand was bone dry."

"Look at you, Ms. Detective."

And the DA sat down to wait for everyone to come back.