Betrayed

I feel like this needs a warning. Nothing overly awful it's just Jason thinks really really mean thoughts and it warrants a disclaimer.

Jason's POV

I glowered at the couple. Watching them, something cold and scaly clawed at my chest. Furry built up and I thought I might cry.

How dare he.

She should've been mine, but right now she was sitting on the lap of that useless cowardly piece of trash. She ran her fingers through his hair and he pulled her closer.

How could she be so blind? How could she not realize she could do better? She was beautiful and special and he was a pathetic waste of oxygen who'd turned into an asshole now that he was suddenly taller than he was wide.

He must've felt so proud when he stopped breaking the scale each time he stepped on it.

Didn't she remember what he was first year? The dumpy little kid who would lost his Rememberal. He could hardly cast Expelliarmus, let alone could protect her from the Carrows. She wouldn't have to hide in the Room of Requirement if she was with me.

Heat built up behind my eyes and I abruptly left.

I was barely able to make it outside before the tears fell. They were angry tears, not sad tears. Most people didn't know the difference, but it was there. I dried my eyes and waited several minutes. Nobody checked on me. Nobody even noticed I'd left.

And suddenly I knew what I had to do.

Hannah's POV

I grinned at Neville and he grinned back. He lightly caressed my cheek with a thumb and I was suddenly very aware of the fact that everyone was watching us.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I knew I was a vibrant red. I gave him another embarrassed smile and excused myself.

Once I was back at the Hufflepuff Table, I sat down next to Susan. I didn't apologize for running off like I did: I wasn't sorry. I'd needed to do that.

Breakfast was amazing and I savored every mouthful. The house elves over-salted the eggs a tad but I didn't mind.

The Hufflepuff Table slowly stood up. I was one of the last to rise, even though I knew I should be sprinting to the Room of Requirement right about now.

I had time.

I slowly trudged towards the door. I didn't look forward to the months I'd be cooped up, but it was far better than the alternative.

I felt the bizarre urge to say goodbye to everyone but shook it off. They could see me whenever they felt like it.

I sighed and picked up my pace: trotting up several flights of stairs. I was only one floor away from safety when I rounded the corner and saw the Carrows.

My mind went blank with shock.  They stood there, and Amycus smiled. An involuntary sob burst from my lips.

I started shaking and couldn't stop. My wand dropped from my trembling fingers. It hit the stone with a clatter that was deafening in the silence.

No. This can't be happening, this isn't happening. How did they know. A large part of the DA didn't even know. How could they know.

Alecto smiled. Her stubby fingers curled around my wrist and she wrenched my arm behind me and twisted it until I fell to my knees. I didn't even attempt to struggle and she laughed that wheezy giggle of hers.

"I love meeting someone so full of courage. Someone who'll fight." She leaned down to hiss in my ear. "Because then, I get to break them. I get to reduce them to a pathetic shaking pile of jelly on their knees."

She kept twisting my wrist and didn't stop when I cried out in pain. Something in my shoulder popped and a wave of pain made my vision go black at the edges. I gasped and didn't succeed in choking back my scream. When the haze cleared and the pain dulled I managed to mutter.

"You act as if it was actually you I'm scared of not the brother you keep on a long leash." Amycus' face contorted.

Damn, wrong choice.

He slapped me, I saw sparks as my head rocked back and my chin hit my chest. My body rocked back sending daggers up my shoulder. I sobbed.

All the remaining fight drained out of me, but that didn't stop him from pointing his wand at me and, I froze. He smiled and adjusted his grip.

"Cru-."

"No!" My voice shook. "I'm sorry."

"You are?"

"Yes." I nodded.

He leaned down to my level and whispered,

"You think my leash is long now? I haven't even gotten started yet. Once you're in my power, I have a whole list of things to destroy you entirely." Then, he kissed my cheek.

"Crucio!"

The pain hit me like a wave, overwhelming everything, and I distantly heard myself screaming. I thrashed desperately, writhing against Alecto's grip.

And there was nothing but cool, blissful darkness.

Jason's POV

I stepped out from behind a pillar.

"Did you really have to do that?" I winced.

"What else should we have done?" Alecto chortled. I couldn't believe her. She was laughing. She was actually laughing.

I felt sick. This was a terrible decision. I had the right to feel spiteful, of course I did, but this might be taking it a step too far. And it wasn't her I was angry at. She was too perfect to be angry at.

But... she needed to see that Longbottom couldn't keep her safe. She needed to be shown that she was on the loosing side.

So long as the Carrows didn't hurt her too badly this would pay off. It had too.

Ginny's POV (some more angst cause why not)

I woke up from yet another nightmare with tears in my eyes. This one had been about both of the Carrows not just Amycus exclusively.

I felt my heart speed up. I closed my eyes; trying to take deep breaths. I hadn't had a panic attack in four days which was a personal best, and I intended to keep that streak.

The deep breaths turned into gasps and the gasps turned into a fight for air as my lungs compressed. I was sweating and numb as the fear took over. I was crushed beneath it.

I curled into a ball making myself as small as possible.

It felt like years until it was over.

I raised my head to see Fred in the doorway. I knew it was him because his nightshirt had an F on it.

"Ginny, I know this is hard for you but please please tell me what's wrong. I know this is hurting you, and keeping it all bottled up is only making it worse. Would you please tell me? You can Obliviate me afterwards if you need too... Just please, I care about you, let me help."

Tears streamed from my eyes and I nodded.

I told him everything.