The Line Behind Me

I'm doing more POVs cause I'm bored and yeah. Totally the only reason 👀 It'll stay mostly confined to silver trio though. Also, if you're confused, it's a flashback after the the ***

Hannah's POV

I woke up peacefully, which surprised me. I vaguely remembered waking up in the middle of the night, but no specifics. I didn't remember my dream either, which I was inexpressibly grateful for.

But did it matter when real life replayed over and over in my head?

Everything he'd done.

Everything I'd done.

My cheery mood vanished like a snuffed out flame. I could feel my throat tightening, and heat behind my eyes. I forced my mind away. I'd think about it later. I'd deal with everything later.

I just couldn't face it right now.

But my mind had other plans. It wandered through and amongst my memories. Past the time painful ones to the grimly satisfying ones. The ones I knew I'd regret.

The ones I already did

***

"Wait." Snape sounded almost bored. Alecto halted. Her grip on my hair was impossibly tight, and I was dragged to a stop too; tears in my eyes

"What. What is it!? Why do you refuse to let me do the job you hired me for!" She let go of me, but didn't appear to notice in her fury. Snape stayed as calm as he always was.

"I hired you to prevent rule-breaking. To alleviate Filch's responsibilities. Not to attack, restrain, and torture these students to the brink of madness without any reason then that they were "out late." I gave your brother specific instructions not to touch them, but what did he do? Professor Mcgonagall has reported no less than fifty instances of him sexually harassing or assaulting students over the course of the year. And you have yet to turn out a single recruit who's parents are not already Death Eaters, and that is your primary duty. So I would say you failed, in the job you were hired for."

"You dare-."

"Crucio."

It was brief, but darkly satisfying. I pushed the glee away.

No. That's not me. I'm not like that.

Snape left her there on the ground, and entered the circular room where Amycus was getting to his feet. The curse steamrolled over him, slamming into his chest and forcing him down. His scream sounded torn from him, ripped painfully from his throat.

And it went on. And on. And on. And on. And on. And on.

And on.

I wanted to feel bad for him, I really did. I wanted to be like Luna, who forgave and forgot easily, for the simple reason that we're all human beings.

But I couldn't make myself.

The curse stopped. Snape paused, thinking.

Snape unexpectedly turned to me, and offered the wand.

"I should not be the one doing this. I am not the victim here. You don't have to, of course.

No

I took the wand.

What are you doing, no no no, stop!

It felt so foreign in my grip. Rigid and unbending to the point of seeming brittle. Dark.

Give it back

He touched me. He nearly raped me. Beating him up isn't enough. I needed to do this.

You really don't

I pointed it at him.

You're better than this

He was still looking at the ground. Not good enough. I kicked him in the gut.

Yay, fun. You hurt him. Now give the wand back.

He looked up into my eyes. And he was scared. He should've been terrified.

You don't know what you're becoming.

I don't

This is wrong

I don't care

Stop

I bent down next to him.

Don't cross this line

I stuck it right in his face.

Stop. Stop this right now. Don't you dare do it. Leave it to Snape. He's already punished him. He'll do more if you ask. Let him.

He deserves worse, a thousand times worse.

Don't let him change you.

"You are disgusting, repulsive, and vile, a worm. You're talking advantage of teenagers, and feel justified doing it. I can't imagine how many people you've hurt. And you don't even care." My voice trembled noticeably.

"This is for Ginny. And this is for Luna. And this is for Sally-Anne and Padma and every young woman you've ever attacked and who feels alone and helpless because of what you did."

Don't

"Crucio."