On the Train

I put a Ginny POV at the beginning, so you don't have 3 straight Luna chapters.

Ginny's POV

Three days later, we boarded the Hogwarts express. Luna and Rolf had barely spent a moment apart since their make up, but I couldn't feel as happy for them as I wanted to.

A part of me still longed for the round glasses and lightning scar. The eyes as green as a fresh pickled toad, and the hair as dark as a blackboard.

It was blustery and cold. My feet went numb, and the wind whipped frost in my face. By the time I reached the Hogwarts Express, I was violently shivering.

I couldn't wait to get home, but what would I tell mum if she asked how school was.

Well, I'm failing two classes, live in fear, have been tortured multiple times, and have been constantly sexually harassed by a Death Eater turned teacher. I still want to go back though.

Yeah, that wouldn't go over well.

But the ministry decreed that I had to go, and I refused to put everyone in danger by not complying.

I sat down in the compartment with Luna and Neville. It had been a few minutes, when Luna said,

"I'm going to go find Rolf."

"Bye."

Luna's POV

I made my way out of the compartment, and set off to find Rolf. I found him in a compartment with Hannah, Ernie, and Terry.

When he saw me, he quickly stood up, and in three steps was at the door. Hannah smiled knowingly.

"Hey."

"Hey, I had something I wanted to give you."

He closed the door behind him, and searched in his pocket. He withdrew a small box.

From the compartment across from us, someone tapped on the glass. Michael made kissing noises, then turned around and hugged himself so it looked like someone else was doing it.

Rolf hit the glass, and exclaimed.

"Stop ruining our bloody moments!" Michael smirked and went back to his seat.

Rolf grabbed my hand, and lead me to an empty compartment.

"Ummm, I wanted to give you this." He held out the box. "I bought it before, before our fight, and haven't had an opportunity to give it to you since."

It opened with a small snap, and I saw it was a necklace.

It had a fine golden chain, but it was the charm that made my breath catch. A hare and a bowtruckle together in a heart.

I instantly loved it.

There were no words to describe the way my heart filled as he stepped behind me, and put it on. The feel of his hands on the back of my neck sent goosebumps down my spine. The cool metal felt reassuring against my skin, and I turned to face him.

"Rolf, it's beautiful. But if it's an apology, or something you don't need to. I've already forgiven you."

"I know. But I made the worst mistake of my life, not appreciating you. Just think of this as an I love you gift."

"I love you too."

He leaned in, and put his hand on my back. But the door banged open.

I turned, expecting to see Michael, but a large man grabbed my shoulder. I recognized him from the wanted posters.

Fenrir Greyback

Panic flooded me, and my heart pounded in my ears. I could feel Rolf tense next to me. I seized his hand, and he squeezed back reassuringly.

More people were filling the small compartment, and he growled,

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Come with us, and nobody has to get hurt."

"Stupefy!" I hit one of the Snatchers

"The hard way it is." Chaos broke loose. I was shooting stunners, as was Rolf. But there were just too many of them.

Rolf was thrown back, and slammed into the opposite wall.

"Incarcerus!"

My hands were pinned together behind me and Greyback kicked the back my knees. They gave out, I gazed fearfully up into the cold dark eyes of Scabior.

He raised his hand, and a flash of pain streaked across my face.

"You should have chosen the easy way. Shouldn't ya? The hard way is so much harder." He slapped me again and I cried out. My cheek was stinging. "Let's go." He told the others.

Greyback grabbed my hair, and his filthy fingernails scraped my scalp. He spun on the spot, and suddenly I was being squeezed though a very tight tube.

When the blackness cleared, Malfoy Manor loomed in front of me.

Neville's POV

Where was Luna? It'd been 15 minutes. I could tell from her expression that Ginny was also beginning to worry.

We came to a silent agreement, and left the compartment. We walked briskly to the compartment Rolf was riding in.

Neither of them were there. Across from us, the door opened, and Michael poked his head out.

"Looking for Luna? She and Rolf went into an empty compartment. He was going to give her a necklace. They've been in there for awhile."

"Did you see anything unusual?"

"Well, we weren't paying too much attention, to be honest." He smirked. "But we heard a lot of banging from inside....."

"Remind me to buy you some soap, wash out that dirty mind." Ginny was right to be skeptical.

But still..if that git had touched her, someone was going to die tonight.

"Nah, not even a world full of soap could fix this mind of mine."

Ginny rolled her eyes, and we knocked on the door. Someone moaned, and I felt my vision go red at the edges. I kicked open the door.

Rolf was sprawled on the ground, moaning in pain. My anger deflated like a balloon. I knelt by his side.

"Where is she?"

"Snatchers. They, they took her. I couldn't stop them." He sat up, and held his head in his hands. "I, I failed. I should've done more, been better. Protected her."

I closed my eyes. There was a sinking feeling in my chest. As if my heart was falling into a bottomless pit.

"There's nothing you could have done." The words felt forced from me. They were true, but a deep part of me blamed him. Blamed him for the loss of the closest thing I ever had to a sister.

The rest of the train ride passed in a blur. And try as I might, I couldn't force a smile when we arrived at platform 9 3/4.

Did anyone forget about this part? Also, I am on a roll! Three super sad chapters in one day, wohoo!

Here

Thanks,
Aria