Silver Lining

This is a shorter chapter, but I didn't know what else to put.

Neville's POV

The next day the owl arrived with another letter.

Neville,

Sorry to hear that you're sad. Although, if she's not back by the end of Christmas, she's probably going to be treated better than we will. That's really depressing now that I think about it.

Askaban is out of the Dementor's control, so it isn't so bad. She'll be ok.

Warmest,
Hannah

I held the letter, and began to write a reply.

Hannah,

Let's talk about something other than Luna. It just makes me sad and angry.

Thanks,
Neville

Another letter arrived after several long impatient hours.

Neville,

Of course, I understand. It must be hard on you. What would you like to talk about?

Sincerely,
Hannah

Dear Hannah,

I don't really know. Maybe, what's your favorite color?

Sincerely,
Neville

Dear Neville,

I really like pale blue or mint green. Some other favorites include Lemon Ice cream, and my favorite plant is a Flitterbloom. What's yours?

Hannah

I felt myself hyperventilating. She has a favorite plant. She has a favorite plant! After that, her letters couldn't come fast enough. Gradually, our closings changed, until.

Missing you,
Hannah

I stared at the paper. Missing you. She missed me! My heart leapt, but a thought hit me and it died.

Of course she misses you. You're like her brother. I miss Luna. But... it's not the same.

But I sighed as I realized, it is to her.

I wrote a response, but it felt halfhearted, and I crumbled it.

Luna's POV

I was hungry. I'd been a day since anyone had come with food, and what had come was meager at best. There was a gnawing hole in my stomach and it growled instantly. If this went much longer, I wasn't sure what would happen. I was also bored, which added to the pain. Ollivander said that eventually they'd send someone down with food, but nothing seemed to change upstairs.

I had nothing to do but think about how hungry I was, which made it worse.

Ugh! Just think about something else!

I tried to focus on the Silver Linings. It was hard.

If this kept up, I might not have to go back to Hogwarts. Apart from not feeding us, they hadn't physically hurt me.

Silver Linings

We had a self replenishing bucket of water, so at least we weren't thirsty. And you could go longer without food then water.

Silver Linings.

Ollivander was very good company. He knew when I wanted to talk, and when I wanted to be left alone. He also knew a lot of stories. Daddy didn't tell me many except Nora the Nargle. Ollivander knew ones like Babbity Rabbity and her Cackling Stump, and The Fountain of Fair Fortune.

Silver Linings

Every now and then, we heard screaming from overhead. Sometimes it was twice a day.  I'd stopped having flashbacks, but I still flinched and dropped whatever I was holding.

I always wondered who they were. Did they have a family? Was anyone anxiously waiting for news of their fate?

Ollivander said most of the kids had been released by now. I hoped Daddy wasn't worrying.

My thoughts were interrupted by the clang of a door. A ratlike face peered at us. He passed a tray of something that resembled biscuits.

I let Ollivander eat first, because he was older, and had been here longer.

Though he left an equal part for me, it seemed tiny. It was gone in seconds, and I almost felt hungrier.

Zip, Zoo, Zip, Zoo, Zip, Zoo.

I'd begun playing with the pendant again. I missed him so much it hurt. Even though I wouldn't have seen him anyways in my mind my loneliness was directly related to my imprisonment.

Although I didn't look forward to telling Daddy about him. He'd probably have the same reaction as Neville.

Silver Linings

It wasn't working. I still felt sad and lonely and cold and hungry. Especially hungry.

I curled into a miserable ball, and fell asleep.

So, short. But there wasn't much else to add, and I felt like I was forcing myself to write if I continued.

Thanks,
Aria