Arival at Shell Cottage

Sorry for taking so long to update, but life happened and I had no time.

And now, to the most epic cliffhanger of all time...

Neville's POV

Her dad walked in. There was a moment where time seemed suspended. Noise faded, and I watched his jaw clench, and his brow furrow in slow motion. It would've been almost peaceful if I wasn't fearing for my life.

I suddenly realized how this looked from his perspective.

Hannah's lips were mere inches from mine. Our noses brushed. She'd fallen with one hand flat against my chest, and the other right next to my head. Her hair fell in a golden curtain between me and her dad.

But he knew who it was.

Time snapped back into full speed. Hannah scrambled off me, cheeks burning. I could tell mine were red too.

"What. Is. Going. On. Here."

"Weeeeeeell-," I started to speak.

"Did I ask you?" I gulped. If looks could kill, I'd be six feet under right now.

Her dad scowled, but Hannah tried to hold her ground.

"It's not... you don't... here's the thing." I watched his eyebrows steadily drift higher and higher. "I couldn't sleep after what happened, and neither could Neville. I invited him over. We had a pillow fight. I won, and tried to help him up, but he's a sore loser and pulled me down too. Then you walked in and..."

He harrumphed. She pressed on.

"Nothing happened, and even though I understand we're not ready and stuff like that, we are technically of adults.

Stop talking now.

But seriously, is everyone in her family so quick to assume? Why can't they just trust us?

Not important.

His death stare didn't waver as he addressed me.

"You. Leave."

"But-."

"OUT! GO! BEGONE WITH YOU! DEPART! COULD I BE ANY MORE CLEAR??"

"Yes, ok, going now." I backed out of the room, and considered running for my life. Right before the door slammed in my face, Hannah's gaze caught mine.

She smiled ever so slightly and gave a little finger wave. I could tell she was thinking,

Once we get back to Hogwarts, I'm going to recite every word of this lecture, so you have to suffer too. This is half your fault after all.

Then the door shut, with a divisive click, and I forlornly turned to Apparate. As I was squeezed through that tube, I remembered.

Mr. Snugabear! I'd forgotten him!

Good.

I hadn't spent more than an hour at Hannah's, so Gran wasn't awake yet. It was still dark out, and would be for several hours. Not a sound was made as I crept up to my room, and climbed into bed.

I closed my eyes, and waited for sleep. It didn't come. It could've been an hour or a year that I tossed and turned.

Something tapped lightly on the window, and I was grateful for the opportunity to get up off the bed.

Feigning sleep is exhausting.

Hannah's owl, Princess was flapping outside. She carried a suspiciously bear-shaped bundle, and wore a self-satisfied expression.