Chapter 38

"He did fucking not just do that, I swear to god-" Jungkook yanks himself from the couch and starts marching towards the door. No way in hell will Jimin get away with talking to his father like that. Sure, he can curse and hate on Jungkook has much as he want, but not Taehyung. Just not Taehyung.

"No, just... just let him leave," a tired voice emerges from the other who's having his head down, his hands rubbing over his face in frustration. He doesn't know why Jimin is being like this all of a sudden... did Taehyung not raise his son well enough so he would actually talk about whatever is bothering him? Taehyung can't possibly fix the problem if he doesn't know what the hell is wrong... it's so annoying.

Jungkook takes a deep breath and walks over to his husband with a saddened expression. He softly wraps his arms around the elder and feels how he hides his face in his chest while returning the hug.

"I don't understand what I'm doing wrong... am I being too mean to him?" he mumbles against Jungkook's shirt, feeling the tears sting in his eyes. He can't deal with this much longer... they are fighting all the time and Taehyung doesn't know what's the cause of it anymore. Everything seems to be the problem.

"No, it's not your fault," Jungkook assures him and gently runs his hand over Taehyung's soft hair. 

"H-He seems so depressed..." suddenly Taehyung's eyes widen and he pulls back, "w-what if he hurts himself? Jungkook... what if he-"

Jungkook holds a finger over the other's lips to silence him, his lips planting themselves on Taehyung's forehead for just a second. When he pulls back, he cups the elder's face and looks into his eyes.

"Jimin is stronger than you think, we just have to talk with him. I believe in him... he won't hurt himself," Jungkook states even though he can never be entirely sure that's the case. Unfortunately, Jimin has never been as unstable as he is right now, so they can't really predict what he's going to do... Jungkook decides in his head to text Hoseok later, considering that's probably where Jimin has escaped to.

"Why am I such a t-terrible father? I should just have sent him away back then... he would have had a better life," Taehyung cries out but Jungkook is quick to get a hold of the male again, pressing their foreheads together.

"Don't ever say that, you have done so much for him. He loves you Taehyung, just like you love him. He'll be back, I'm certain of it," Jungkook says even though he again deep down doesn't know if that's the case or not. He just has to believe in Jimin this time... he won't give up on his family.

Taehyung falls back into his husband's embrace and cries into his chest, feeling so overwhelmed by emotions. He doesn't like fighting with Jimin, he never has but it has been happening so much these days, he doesn't know what to do.

"Come on, let's sit down... we'll contact Hoseok and make sure Jimin is okay," Jungkook starts dragging the other towards the couch and sits down, pulling Taehyung down into his lap so he can hug him tightly. He grabs his phone and starts texting Jimin's probably oblivious boyfriend. Taehyung just hides his face in the other's neck.

This situation makes him wonder how everything would have been if Jimin stayed in England back then. Would he have been happier? Safer? Taehyung hisses at himself to stop the thoughts, pressing his face into Jungkook's neck.

Just... be okay Jimin.

________

Jimin is lying on Hoseok's couch, his face turned in towards the backrest, his fingers mindlessly pulling the small strands that are sticking out from the old fabric. He has been overly depressed ever since he stepped outside his house, regret and guilt made it almost impossible for him to walk over to Hoseok's house without passing out halfway. 

Hoseok has been trying to speak with him, but every time the younger just cuts off the conversation and turns back to his random activities. Hoseok is currently in the kitchen, making some food to try and cheer up his boyfriend. He has no idea why Jimin is so mad these days and no matter how hard he tries, Jimin won't utter a word.

As Hoseok stirs around in the ramen he's making, his phone suddenly buzzes with a notification. He checks it and frowns when he sees it's from an unknown number.

XXXXXXXX:
Hi Hoseok, it's Jungkook. Is Jimin at your place?

Hoseok blinks a few times and then looks up at Jimin. He ran away from his parents? It has to be one hell of a severe argument for Jungkook to go as far as to text him... they are probably worried sick. The ramen is left unattended for a second as Hoseok picks up the device to reply.

Hoseok:
Yes, he's sleeping right now. Did something happen?

He can't help but be curious. As he waits for a reply, he saves Jungkook's contact and turns back to the stove. His mind starts running with different scenarios that could lead to Jimin running away like this. Sure, he has had his escapes in the past, but this time is different somehow. His parents must have been freaking out.

Jungkook:
Good... and no... just tell him that we are at home and he can come back any time.

Hoseok:

Will do.

That's strange. But honestly, what isn't strange in their life at this point? Hoseok finishes the food and slowly fills up two bowls for them to eat. He walks over to the moody teenager currently taking up is couch and places the bowls on the sofa table.

"Jimin?" he asks but as expected, he doesn't get a reply. 

"Jimin, I made some food... can't you eat just a little? You probably haven't eaten anything all day," Hoseok sighs and grabs around his boyfriend's body. Jimin doesn't say anything, but he doesn't object either when Hoseok gets him up in a sitting position before dragging him onto his lap. Jimin just sighs and leans back against Hoseok's chest as the elder lifts up one of the bowls for him to eat.

Hoseok waits for Jimin to reach out for the spoon, but the younger just glares at it with a pout. Talk about having a bad day. Hoseok sighs and grabs the spoon, scooping up some of the soup before gently moving it to Jimin's pretty lips. At first, he just lets it be there, but it seems like the smell got him convinced that one bite won't hurt.

Hesitantly, the younger starts eating the soup with Hoseok feeding him every time, it's actually kind of cute. Or, it is right until the tears start streaming down Jimin's cheeks, his eyes helplessly trying to blink them away. Even so, he doesn't stop eating, he actually urges forward to hint for Hoseok to speed up.

This is what a broken soul looks like. So confused, so random and so overly emotional. That's exactly what Jimin is feeling and he hates it so, so much.