Chapter 18

Make sure you have read the warnings 🙏
_________

Jimin tiredly makes his way out to the kitchen. He obviously didn't go to school today. It would be way too emotional for him, mixed with the fact that it would not be safe either.

He doesn't even know what to feel in his heart anymore. Fear? Regret? Hate? Maybe it's just a mix of all of them...

"Good morning," Taehyung says and looks at his son with concerned eyes. Jimin slept all his troubles away yesterday, so of course his parents are worried sick about him.

"Good morning," Jimin says back as he slumps down in one of the chairs. Oh, how he can't wait to go home and sit in his own chair.

Today is the day they are going to give Yoongi the money. The culprit had the nerve to text Jimin after sending the picture, saying he should bring the money to his apartment, which Jimin learned a long time ago wasn't even his own.

Jimin can't even think about stepping foot inside there again. The fact that the memories he has from that place seems good and happy almost makes him even more angered. He doesn't want to remember a single moment with that prick.

He has honestly turned Jimin's life upside down with a snap of his fingers. Taken his home. His love. His freedom. Right now Jimin doubts he'll even get that back when they have given up the money.

The morning goes on rather slowly. Jungkook joins them later and works a little on his computer before there isn't much time until they have to deliver the money. However, they don't get very far without getting into an argument.

"Forget it Jimin, I'm going," Jungkook says sternly, having placed the bag filled with all the money on the floor. It's heavy and almost busting from how much money there is.

"What are you saying!? It's me who caused the problem, why won't you let me fix it?" Jimin fires back. They have been fighting about who should bring the money to Yoongi for about an hour now.

"It's not safe! He might attack you," Jungkook hisses and crosses his arms.

"Exactly! If he hurts you, I'll never be able to live with myself... I have hurt enough people because of this," Jimin states sadly. He can't let another person dear to him get in the claws of Yoongi.

"None of this is your fault. Whatever happens is purely because of Yoongi, and when I have given him the money, he can't stop us from contacting the police. He won't threat us any longer," the elder states.

Jimin sighs loudly and tugs his hair. He can't go through with this.

"I think he's right Jimin, it's not safe. Jungkook can defend himself if needed," Taehyung butts in.

"What if he's armed? Even Jungkook won't be able to do anything against a gun. Might as well him me as him," Jimin says. He tries to grab the bag from Jungkook's hold roughly, but he doesn't suceed.

"I'm going. This is final. You'll stay here with Taehyung and we'll all make it out alive, understood?" this time, Jungkook's voice is heavy with dominace. What he said wasn't a suggestion. It was an order.

Jimin can feel the tears sting in the back of his eyes. He feels like he's a child again, helplessly trying to hold his parent back from doing something dangerous. But the parent just shrugs him off, not listening to the desperate pleads. It's frustrating.

"Why won't you listen!? I'm the one who should be getting hurt! Not you, not Tae, not Hoseok. I can't deal with one more sacrifice on my conscience..." he says and looks down.

It's always worse for the people around a person getting hurt than the person themselves. That's the worst part about being in a family. You can't help but want to keep them safe at all costs.