Chapter 24

Jimin rushes down the hall of the hospital, not minding the people he almost knock to the ground on the way, yelling after him in annonyance.

They don't matter, Jimin's mind is totally focused on something else. He's a man on a mission.

It has been another week since he heard some news about Hoseok. Now, finally, after almost a month the boy has finally woken up. Jimin doesn't know the details yet, he didn't even let the nurse that called him finish. He got his fathers to bring him here who are helplessly running behind their son.

Jimin ran ahead because he can't wait to see Hoseok.

After a minute of running up the stairs and through the halls he knows pretty well by now, he finally reaches the hospital room where Hoseok is resting.

This is when Jimin stops and feels himself gulp. He's not sure he's prepared for whatever he's about to meet. Or more like whoever.

There's a chance Hoseok will remember everything and be himself, but there's also a chance he will be someone completely else.

Jimin closes his eyes for a second and takes a deep breath. He can feel Jungkook and Taehyung standing behind him, both totally out of breath. He doesn't mind them though as he wakes back up and pushes the door open.

It falls shut behind him with a loud thud, making the room go completely silent.

There Hoseok is. He's sitting up, his hands on his lap as he looks at the small tv playing on the wall. The sound makes him turn his head and look at the blonde boy whose eyes are swimming with emotions.

Jimin takes some hesitant steps forward so he's closer to the bed and stares at his boyfriend. He almost can't form words in his mouth. He hasn't seen Hoseok awake for a month, but here he is, healthy and up.

"H-Hoseok?" he asks timidly. His biggest fear is that this boy is going to ask him who he is. Ask him why he's here and why on earth he cares. Hoseok looks at him slightly confused and tilts his head.

Jimin feels his throat tighten up and for a second, he actually thought he lost Hoseok forever.

That thought disappears like dew before the sun when Hoseok reaches his hand out and grabs a hold of Jimin's smaller one. He squeezes it tightly like he has done so many time before.

"Why are you looking so scared? Jimin?" he asks with a concerned look. He thought the nurse told Jimin he's completely fine, so he wonders why Jimin is looking so conflicted.

The younger feels the tears burst out of his eyes and he immedietly throws himself around the other's neck. Hoseok let's out an 'oof' and slight hiss at the pain of Jimin jumping on him.

The blonde notices and quickly pulls back slightly.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Jimin says in worry, but Hoseok just holds around his waist and chuckles lightly.

"I'm okay Jimin, why are you crying," he asks stupidly.

"I'm crying because you are okay idiot... I didn't know if you were even going to wake up," Jimin sobs and uses his sleeve to remove his salty tears. Hoseok smiles at that and pulls the other into a tight hug.

"I'm okay. I was lucky though, it could have ended worse," the elder states with a deep sigh. This makes Jimin uneasy... does Hoseok know Yoongi is dead? He pulls back again to look into the other's eyes.

"How much do you remember?" He asks. No one aside from Hoseok knows what happened that day he got assulted.

"Pretty much everything... that's the worst thing about it," he laughts driely and holds around his stomach to soothe the pain it causes. He has healed well it seems, it won't be long before he can go home.

Jimin gulps and waits for the other to start explaining. He'll wait with the whole Yoongi and death thing.

"I was walking home from school, like any other day. I wasn't minding anything around me, it has never been necessary so when I was suddenly... suddenly grabbed and pulled down, I froze completely," he begins and tightens his hands around Jimin's waist, "two guys were holding me tightly, the last one was holding a knife."

Jimin bites his lips and once again feels his eyes get wet. It must have been inhumainly scary.

"At first, I thought they were just going to rob me or something, threatening me to give them my wallet. That all changed when I heard the voice of the male with the knife," Hoseok takes a deep breath and looks at Jimin, "I'm guessing you already know who I'm talking about?"

Jimin dries away he's tears again and nods. He knows a little too well who that fucker is.

"He just... just said I chose to be with the wrong people and then he stabbed me. Nothing big, just that... makes it even more fucked up. I don't remember anything after that, I must have passed out from the pain," he explains as his eyes run around the room slightly.

"And then I woke up here yesterday. Luckily, I could still remember everything," he says and closes his eyes for a second. He really was lucky, who ever is watching over him is doing an amazing job.

"I-I'm so sorry Hoseok... it's all my fault," Jimin cried out as he hides his face in his hands.

"What do you mean it's your fault, you didn't do anything wrong-"

"Exactly! I didn't do anything! I should have told you what was going on, but I was scared that would get you h-hurt and I-"

"Calm down, easy, I'm okay," Hoseok quickly pulls the other close in an attempt to calm him down. Jimin was shaking with sadness by now. He regrets everything he did.

They sit like that for a couple of minutes before Jimin can finally pull back.

"Yoongi was after me and my money. I didn't think he would go this far I-... I thought we could handle it..." he sighs and Hoseok is shocked by the news. Yoongi threatened them?

"He what?"

"He wanted money... for the drugs or whatever, so he forced us into giving them to him and threatened that he would hurt someone dear to me... I just didn't think he would go for you..." Jimin states.

The frustration, pain and restlessness that have been resting on his shoulders are slowly lifting as he talks out about it. Hoseok is here and he's okay. They really did get the best possible outcome they could.

"Holy shit... are you all okay?" he asks about Jungkook and Taehyung, "Why would he do that? Did they catch him?"

Jimin gulps at that and shakes his head slightly, "no, but he won't bother us anymore."

"How can you be sure of that?" Hoseok frowns. Yoongi is not one to trust with promises or whatever.

"He's dead."

Hoseok tilts his head slightly, "is my mind playing tricks on me? I swear it sounded like you said he's dead..."

Jimin just shakes his head and Hoseok's eyes grows bigger for only a second before he looks down.

"Well shit, I wish he could rot up in jail."

"Don't say that," Jimin says and leans in for another hug. Hoseok is quick to return his embrace. Jimin once again gets the amazing feeling of home, he's glad he finally got to see his Hoseok again.