Chapter 35

"Where did Jimin go?"

"I don't know."

"Shouldn't he be home by now? I only thought he said he was staying at Hoseok's for one night?"

"I don't know."

"It isn't like him. Do you think he's in trouble or something?"

"I don't know."

"Do you love me?"

"I don't know- wait what?" Jungkook looks up over his glasses.

Taehyung crosses his arms over his chest and gives his husband an annoyed yet amusing look. Jungkook can be so dense at times, it's kind of cute but it can also piss Taehyung off.

"Your son hasn't texted or shown himself the entire day and you don't care?" Taehyung questions. Jungkook takes off his glasses and rests his chin on his hand.

"One minute, you're saying I'm too overprotective, the next minute you say I don't care. It isn't easy you know?" he smiles teasingly and Taehyung just shakes his head. There might be some truth in that statement, but this is different. This is worry in another way. Only parents will understand.

"He must be home soon-" just as those words escape his lips, Jimin enters the house. Taehyung immediately walks out of the kitchen and watches his son take off his shoes.

"Jimin, finally. Where were you?" Taehyung asks quickly, "I thought you were only staying at Hoseok's until morning?"  

Jimin shrugs and heads inside, "we just got caught up in watching a movie. I can't be with my boyfriend now or what?" Jimin teases. He doesn't seem moody, but he's a little off. Taehyung frowns a little but pushes the feeling aside. 

"Just text next time okay, I was worried for no reason," Taehyung states. Jimin just waves him off and starts heading up the stairs.

"You sound like dad," he adds. 

"I heard that!" Jungkook yells from the kitchen, but Jimin just ignores him and walks upstairs. Taehyung looks after him with a questioning look. He sighs before he goes back in the kitchen, he has started to give up on understanding Jimin fully.

Jungkook is currently stretching his arms over his head, wearing his reading classes so he can read the emails on his laptop. Another long day of work, but luckily he's reaching the end now. 

"What should we make for dinner?" Taehyung asks as he turns his back to Jungkook in order to look through the cupboards on the outside of the isle. Jungkook rests his hands on his head as his eyes slowly runs down over his husband's body as he bows down to grab some plates.

"I sure know what I want," he says.

"What?" Taehyung asks and looks back at the other, waiting for an actual response. Jungkook, being the deep down fuckboy he always has been, wiggles his eyebrows a few times and smirks.  

"Special dinner~"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Please?"

"Not now you idiot, just figure out what to eat," Taehyung chuckles and lifts the plates over to the table. Jungkook takes this as an opportunity to grab around Taehyung's waist and force him down onto his lap so he's straddling him. Taehyung yelps slightly, not expecting to be forced down so suddenly.

"You're an idiot, I have to start preparing it now or we'll never have any food," the elder sighs but still lets his arms gently wrap around Jungkook's neck. Jungkook just hums and leans in, connecting their lips in a caring kiss.

They peck each other a few times before Taehyung pulls back, "I think something's up with Jimin."

"Why?"

"I don't know, he was acting weird just now. I got that parent feeling, you know?" Taehyung states.

"Don't jump to conclusion because of a feeling babe, he'll come around and tell if something is really wrong," Jungkook says and leans in to kiss Taehyung's neck. He seems way more needy than Taehyung where the elder is just slightly distracted.

"But isn't it our job to notice such things? I mean, we were so bad at catching him lying... what if he's lying again?" Taehyung questions, almost mostly to himself. They have been through enough with Jimin, it can't be true that they have to deal with something like that all over again. Jungkook just hums and keeps trailing his lips on Taehyung neck, tasting the beautiful skin he has marked so many times before. His hands also gently runs to Taehyung's waist and squeezes it tightly.

"Did we do anything wrong?" Taehyung asks. He's resting his head on top of Jungkook's as he feels him just nip on his neck, making the elder sigh at the comfortable feeling. 

"If we did, he will tell us, he's stubborn like that," Jungkook mumbles and slides his hands under Taehyung's shirt. That's where the brunette drags the line and stands back up.

"Nope, we are not doing it in the kitchen. And not now."

"Why not?"

"Because your son could literally come down the stairs and catch us any minute. You're so shameless," Taehyung walks over to the kitchen in order to start preparing the food, but not without receiving a harsh slap on the butt first.

"Stop it," he hisses but can't help but laugh. Jungkook just whistles after him but afterwards lets him go so they actually can get some dinner.

They ended up getting steak with potatoes and sauce. Jimin joined them pretty quickly, but he was a little silent over the dinner. For Jimin, it's because he has a hard time coping with how to ask Taehyung about his grandparents. He doesn't know if he should just drop the bomb and be like, 'mom isn't dead?' but it might bring more chaos than good so he decides not to.

Dinner goes rather smoothly and it ends up with him and Taehyung doing the dishes. Jungkook went to work again since some plans got mixed up that he needed to fix. That isn't something unusual.

Jimin is washing the pots and pans as Taehyung dries them off, silence between them. Jimin is the first to break it.

"Hey dad, can I ask you something?" he begins. Taehyung just hums in response, giving his son a small smile.

"Where are my grandparents?" he throws it out, just like that. Might as well rip the plaster off fast instead of trying to ease into it even though it's going to hurt no matter what. 

Taehyung halts with drying the pan he's holding, it seems like he just stopped functioning for a second. He blinks a few times before looking over at his son, giving him a half-hearted smile.

"What do you mean? You know your grandfather is in jail, and your grandmother died way before you were born," he states and places the cooking tool down to pick up a new one. Jimin nods and washes a little more. He doesn't want to press Taehyung, but he's just so goddamn curious. 

"But what about my other grandparents? On my mother's side?" Jimin bites his lip and waits. He remembers clearly how Kim Joon Tae said Taehyung was probably going to get really defensive when he got this question. And indeed, the elder seems to hurry with the pot he's holding and grabbing the one from Jimin's hands even though he's barely done. The brunette dries his hands and stops only by Jimin's side for a second.

"They are not someone you have to worry about Jimin, trust me," he says and walks out of the kitchen. Jimin stands totally baffled by the sudden leave, wondering why that was so triggering for Taehyung. He drops the cloves on the counter and gently leans against it. The confusion and frustration is building up in his chest as it has done so many times before.

God, he hates this.