Chapter 37

Jimin is currently lying on his bed. The soft mattress underneath him doesn't seem as soft anymore, the warm colors in the pictures on his walls don't feel as comfortable as they used to. Generally, everything in his room seems foreign. Weird.

He doesn't know why. Maybe it's because he feels like he doesn't belong here... like everything that has ever been told to him was a lie. Taehyung's reaction, Ah-seung's words, and this whole situation just seem chaotic in his head. It's messy enough in there to begin with, but this isn't helping one bit. 

He has been talking over the phone with his grandmother every day for almost a week now, learning overly many things about his mother that he never had the guts to ask Taehyung about. He doesn't know why, but Ah-seung is so easy to talk to. She is nice, sweet and even a little teasy sometimes. 

Jimin has learned that her mother loved cooking and that she was really into music. She also had great fashion and was basically just an amazing person to be around. Jimin also requested some photos, but Ah-seong had to explain that their house burned down a few years ago and they lost everything they had left of her.

Jimin's mother left and has never taken contact again. Maybe that's also a reason why Jimin is hurting so badly. Wouldn't she just once try to see him? Or talk to him? Is he really that unwanted?

He sighs as he stares at another pointless dot in the ceiling for a minute. With huge difficulty he gets himself forced up from the bed and walks out of his room, he hasn't really talked with his parents much this week... he has successfully blamed it on a lot of homework and spending time with Hoseok, even though he has mostly been sulking in his room.

Is he angry? Sad? Disappointed? He doesn't know. His life is fucked-up and it's honestly becoming too much for him these days. Therefore, he's moody and snappy at everyone. He even caught himself yelling at Hoseok for absolutely no reason. 

It has to stop but he doesn't know how. He feels helpless.

He slumps tiredly down the stairs. Maybe he should go work out for a little? That might be one way to get his mind off things without strangling the person nearest to him. With that thought in mind he heads down to search for his bag and workout clothes. He doesn't get very far though as Taehyung walks past him to get to the kitchen, Jungkook is sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Jimin? Where are you headed?" Taehyung asks.

"Just out," Jimin says mindlessly. He doesn't know why just those simple words from his father are pissing him off. 

"But you are making dinner today?"

Fuck! Jimin forgot all about that! It's his day to make dinner... that just made him even moodier.

"Can't I do it tomorrow?" 

"No, I and Jungkook have to go to a small meetup with Jin and Namjoon. It will be too late when we get home," Taehyung says and looks at the watch on his wrist. 

"Can't you just eat with them then? I'll have some takeaway instead," Jimin sighs, folding his arms over his chest. If they are going out and coming back home late, it won't be worth saving dinner for them.

"We have some food in the fridge we need to make today, it would be a waste to just throw it all out," the elder replies, taking in Jimin's stance. Is this a mad vibe he's sensing? God, not again.

"Why is it a waste?" Jimin spits. They have so much food anyway.

"Uhm food waste Jimin? The environment? A waste of the money we work for every day?" Taehyung says back, his arms to the side to tell Jimin he's being absolutely ridiculous right now. "It's a simple dinner, it will literally take you 10 minutes to make."

"Then why don't you just do it then!?" Jimin fires back, raising his voice.

Why is he getting mad like this? He feels pent up with emotion... why it's coming out because of a stupid everyday dinner, he doesn't know.

"Because it's your day Jimin! You said yesterday you were okay with doing it!" Taehyung sighs and watches Jimin get impatient and walk around a little on his spot.

"I don't understand why we can't just throw it out!" He points out again. He's frustrated. Oh so frustrated. Even the smallest things are pissing him off right now.

"We don't waste stuff like that."

"Why the fuck not? We are literally drowning in money, we have enough to fucking waste off-" Jimin yelps as he feels a strong hand around his upper arm and he's dragged very close to his father who's now really mad.

"Do you even understand what I had to do back when you were a kid just to get food on the table?" his voice shakes with sudden anger and his eyes burn as they stare into Jimin's, "we do not take anything for granted in this house. People are struggling out there. Don't start being a bitch just because you're well-fed every day."

Jimin opens his mouth at his father's words. Everything he said is absolutely true, but that doesn't stop Jimin from ripping his arm from the other's grip and step back.

"Yeah, cause you do know quite a lot about being a bitch!" those words left his lips before he could even think them over. Taehyung's eyes blow open and his body starts shaking with rage.

"Take that back. Right this instant!" he yells but Jimin can't seem to form words. He's shocked at himself. He can't believe some stupid small argument got him so riled up that he actually said that to his father. What the fuck is wrong with him? 

"Fuck this," Jimin yells in frustration and runs past his father towards the door. He doesn't listen to his father's yells as he escapes the house and runs away as quickly as he can. He runs in the direction of Hoseok's house as the tears start running down his cheeks.

He doesn't know who to believe or who to trust. He can't even trust himself anymore, seeing how he can be spitting such horrible things at his own father.

He's terrible. Terrible.

How can he even live with himself?