Chapter 42

Last chapter you guys 😭 I wanna assure you that there will be a LOT of bonus chapters because we all love this taekook family 🥺

I will probably make an epilogue where I at the bottem will make an author's note. I will make sure to leave a line for all of you where you can write ideas for a bonus chapter you would like me to write! I will pick the ones I think I can make somewhat alright, so I hope to see some comments there! 💜

Thanks for reading so far💜
_________

"She really... lied about everything?" Jimin asks, staring down at the old wooden table before him. They just sat down to talk with his overly kind grandfather and clear some things out.

It's like for every second that passes, Jimin feels more and more stupid. God, why did he make such a big deal out of it? Why didn't he just trust his parents from the start? Then everything would have been fine.

"She did. I'm sorry Jimin, I should have noticed... Unfortunately she keeps a lot of secrets from me, I was wondering who she was talking with doing all this time," Byung-chul states with a small sigh.

"But isn't she treating you badly? Why are you still here?" Taehyung asks. He has wondered many times why this man has decided to cope with that devil of a lady most of his life.

"Trust me, I would have if she hadn't gotten so sick. She's just a lonely old lady you know? She has even cheated on me when we were younger, but now I just live here because she makes good food and washes my clothes. It's not worse than a nursing home after all," he says and chuckles slightly.

The family looks surprised before calm and smiling expressions appears on their faces too. This man is pretty pratical for deciding to live like that, but what he said makes sense. It's not like he's planning on finding someone new to love, might as well enjoy what he has. Even if it's not very enjoyable.

"Did you also feel this way when my mother died?" Jimin asks after a minute or two, his voice small and timid.

"Yes, I haven't loved Ah-seung for many years, but my daughter will forever be in my heart," he says and holds a hand over his chest, "it's unfortunate she had to leave us like that. We didn't even get to say goodbye."

Taehyung gulps slightly at that. He never considered that maybe Byung-chul didn't know about the call he made back in the day to tell about Chaeyoung's death. He must have been left in the dark for a long time until they got contacted by the hospital.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung says.

"Don't be sorry. You were there for her and I'm overly grateful for that. Not to mention you gave me such an amazing grandson," the elder man smiles and reaches over, gently patting Jimin's hair. The boy feels tears sting in the back of his eyes as he let's his hair get cared for.

"I'm not amazing at all..."

"Of course you are. You remind me so much of my daughter, beautiful and a kind hearted," he tilts his head slightly, "and maybe a little naive?"

He chuckles when Jimin looks up in surprise, indicating that he hit the nail on the head. Maybe Jimin really is like his mother after all.

"She had her moments back then, but it became a charm at the end how blind she could be. Also, blinded by love," Byung-chul looked over at the parents, "I'm glad you found new love Taehyung. You deserve it more than anyone for taking care of a child the way you did."

Taehyung feels his cheeks tint slightly and Jungkook grabs his hand and squeeze it for a second.

"I'm glad he found me," he replies and leans into his husband's shoulder.