Chapter 41

The sudden idea of drivning to Jimin's grandparents was as unplanned as it was stupid. Nonetheless, the three males set themselves in a car and started their five hour journey out of town to this 'fix this mess'.

They only stopped one time in order to get some food and already there Ah-seung had tried calling Jimin two times. The younger wanted to pick up, he really did. But somewhere in his heart, he knows he has been naive and he knows that he should trust his parents. However, it seems so sudden for everything to just have... Changed...

The family barely talked as they drove further away from their hometown, it was like none of them wanted to break the tension and suddenly get into a fight. Taehyung was the one drivning, which is actually a surprise cause normally Jungkook would volenteer to drive. Today though, Taehyung is so mad and so determinded on getting the right idea into Jimin's head that he took the wheel and has been driving over the speed-limit for the past three hours.

When they finally arrive, Jimin can't help but feel his heart high in his throat, making it harder for him to breath. He doesn't know if he's ready to know the truth yet. He has... seeked for peace about his mother. Maybe the loss he felt when Taehyung told him about her was simply too heavy for him. Even though he doesn't know her, it still breaks his heart that he never will.

The house they end up in front of is pretty old. The walls definetly need some paint and the garden also seems like quite a mess. Jungkook and Taehyung step out as Jimin is still staring at the small house as if it's the entrance to either heaven or hell. He doesn't like it one bit.

When he steps out of the car, he stretches his body and looks over at Taehyung who's taking in the appearance of the house.

"It's just like I remember it," he sighs out and starts walking towards the front door. Jungkook simply follows but Jimin is stuck.

"What do you mean it's just like you remember it?" Jimin asks and his parents stop confused to look at him.

"That it looks the way it used to? I picked up your mother here a lot of times," Taehyung replies.

Jimin gulps and feels his tears sting.

"M-My grandmother said that their house burned down... that's why... that's why they didn't have any pictures of my mom," he whispers out. It's clear to hear the realization in his voice mixed with regret. Everything is starting to point at the fact that his parents are indeed right.

"I'm not lying to you, Jimin," Taehyung simply says. He holds his arm out and encourages Jimin to step closer to him. With his eyes glued to the ground, Jimin walks closer to the other and let's himself get pulled into a side hug.

Taehyung reaches forward and presses the door bell, waiting patiently for someone to open up. Jimin bites his lip as they wait, feeling his heart beat faster for every second.

Is this really the final to all he has been through over the past month?

The door opens and Jimin's head flies up. Before him stands an older-looking lady, a pair of glasses resting on her nose and her hair tied back in a bun.

She frowns as her eyes first land on Jimin, then on the two behind him. Clear disgust shows on her face as soon as her eyes land on Taehyung, considering he's not an unfamiliar face to her.

"What are you doing here? Jimin?" she questions and looks between them, "Why would you bring them here?"

Jimin frowns slightly. He has now figured out that everything this lady has been saying is a lie. He can't believe he actually trusted her that easily. How can he be that stupid? And the first thing she asks is why he brought his parents? Not a hello or anything?

"B-Because there's some things that aren't matching up... uh.. Ah-seung," Jimin says, refraining from calling her grandmother.

"When you have such parents it's understandable," the lady says rather harshly as she crosses her arms, making a frown now appear on Jimin's face. She didn't sound this rude over the phone.

"The parents who have raised him and taken care of him perfectly fine, also the ones who have stayed loyal to him," Taehyung spits in return. The lady glares at him as if he's the devil himself.

"I knew right from the start that my daughter was too good for a selfish person like you," she replies.

"Selfish?" Taehyung almost laughs, "I think there's only one selfish person here and that's you. How could you lie to your own grandson like that?"

"I'm not lying, my daughter is not dead," Ah-seung says with a serious look in her eyes that catches Taehyung off guard for a second. There's no way Chaeyoung is still alive, Taehyung saw her dead.

"What is wrong with you lady?" the sentence just gets to leave Taehyung's month with a sudden new voice joins the conversation.

"Ah-seung, who is it?" it's a deep male voice, coming from one of the other rooms.

"No one!" the lady yells back, but it can't have been very convincing, because not a minute later an old man comes walking out from what seems to be the living room.

"Why are you lying Ah-seung?" the man questions as he walks closer to the door. That's when his eyes start taking in the three males before him and quickly land on a familiar one.

"Kim... Taehyung?" the man asks in surprise. He takes his glasses and places them in his hair to get a clearer look, "I can't believe it."

"Hello Byung-chul, but it's actually Jeon Taehyung now," Taehyung smiles and gently grabs Jungkook's arm to drag him slightly forward. The raven hesitently waves and shows an awkward smile.

"Is that so?" the man chuckles slightly, but then he looks over at Jimin, "And the you must be..."

"I'm Jimin. I'm... I'm your grandson," he says timidly. The elder man's eyes grows before a big smile stretches his lips.

"My grandson? Ah-seung, how could you not tell me about this, our grandson is here," the man reaches forward and gently takes Jimin's hands in his. He has nothing but happiness in his eyes as he takes in his grandsons appearance

"I have been waiting for this moment ever since you were born," Byung-chul adds.

"We are sorry for not notifying you about our arrival. But it seems like your wife has been lying quite a bit over the phone to Jimin," Taehyung jumps straight to the point. He's tired off having all of these things unclear since there's definitely something wrong up in the elder lady's head.

"Ah-seung, what did you say?" the man asks with a small sigh.

"The truth," she replies, her arms still crossed.

"Chaeyoung is dead and you know that," Byung-chul says. The woman looks at him for a few seconds before scowling under her breath and leaving the door. She heads in the other direction than the living room, probably to their bedroom.

Jimin's eyes follow her in shock. Did she seriously just rage-quit on them like that? She was always so eager over the phone to see him, guess that's a lie too.

"I'm sorry about her. She... she got very sick after Chaeyoung passed away. She still convinces herself that her daughter is alive, even though that's far from the case," the elder states and looks at Jimin, "I'm sorry if she got your hopes up."

Jimin shakes his head and looks down slightly. That hope vanished the moment he stepped outside the car. He just feels stupid for actually believing anything that woman had to say.

"How about you come inside and we can talk some more?" Byung-chul suggests and Taehyung is quick to agree. He always thought Byung-chul was so much nicer than his wife, he was actually very welcoming and not as religious as Ah-seung is. That made a lot of things easier in Taehyung and Chaeyoung's situation.

"That would be lovely."