Chapter 5

Okay. Holy shit Taekook shippers are getting it these days. Is it because of the video where Jungkook kind of pulls his arm away from Taehyung?

Isn't that like playful fighting? Like, isn't that a sign that they are close and can be that way without it causing trouble? Or is it just me?

I'm gonna have to remind everyone again that this is a work of fiction. This is not bound to be true and I am fully aware that the members of bts possibly aren't gay like they are in my books.

But this is for entertainment only, it's not going to be thrown at bts (they would never read this) or anything like that. This is just to create universes that fit our imagination - not the real world.

Anyway, I still want to thank you for reading so far! The story is going a little slow here in the beginning, but that will change don't worry 💜
___________

Jungkook pushes his glasses back slightly as he looks over the files on his computer.

Another client send in a complaint today, but luckily Jungkook got it fixed relatively efficiently.

People are seriously so selfish sometimes, complaining about a cashier who's half their age and just trying to do their job. And then, they are suddenly yelled at for a product being damaged which the cashier can't do shit about.

Jungkook has given up on humanity long ago, so he wasn't even surprised.

Suddenly, he hears a knock on his door. He quickly ushers the person to come inside, hoping it's important enough to bother him on this annoying Monday.

"Jungkook, I have some news," one of his employees says, one from the other department.

"What is it? I'm busy," Jungkook grumples.

"I'm sorry sir, I just want to inform you that all the top positions should travel to Japan in the upcoming weekend."

"And why is that?" he questions, now leaning back in his chair, his fingers tapping his chin.

He has an okay relationship with most of his partners, so he wonders why.

"The CEO in Japan who we have close negotiations with has invited you all to come. He wants to decide future deals with us. It's very important that you are present."

"With such a short notice he can't possibly expect us all to be there?" Jungkook asks, now a little pissed.

Just because the CEO there is very influential, doesn't mean they have to travel so far for it... or maybe, it actually does.

"He apologizes, but he needs a deal with our cooperation now, or else he might choose another company," the male explains.

Jungkook sighs heavily.

"I'll figure it out, you can leave. And make sure to inform the others," Jungkook waves him away and the man obeys.

Traveling to Japan? Just like that. Jungkook takes out his calender and looks through it.

Then he sees next Saturday and he swears he wants to scream.

Of course, it's the day of the baptism of Namjoon and Jin's daughter.

They saw the sweet child not long ago, she was indeed a small angel. She fits perfectly into the family and Jungkook doesn't doubt that her parents will do extremely amazing at raising her.

Jungkook pinches his nose-bridge and groans. This is gonna be tough one with Taehyung.

_______

Jungkook steps inside the kitchen after a long day at work. His mind had been occupied by the fact that he has a business trip on Saturday.

He doesn't know how to convince Taehyung that he really needs to go, it's not gonna be easy.

The said male is currently making dinner as any other day, humming to himself. Jimin is most likely at Hoseok's place, so maybe it's a good time to drop the bomb.

"Welcome home," Taehyung smiles happily and leaves the food for a second to give Jungkook a kiss.

The younger grabs around his waist and happily kisses back.

Taehyung seems so happy today, maybe Jungkook should wait? Yeah, he'll wait until the evening.

Jimin came home an hour or two later and they eated their food as usual, nothing speciel about the evening.

Jimin told about some TV show the two lover-boys had watched today, but Jungkook couldn't concentrate.

The entire evening, he was just waiting to talk Taehyung, even though he knows the elder is gonna be mad.

They are currently getting ready for bed, brushing their teeth and changing clothes.

When they lie down under the covers, Taehyung is scrolling through his phone and Jungkook is just looking at the ceiling.

How to begin...

After a few minutes of just lying there, Jungkook turns on his side and snuggles towards the elder.

He rests his head on Taehyung's chest and feels how he starts running one of his hands through his hair.

"I have to tell you something," Jungkook begins.

Taehyung simply hums in return, waiting for the other to continue. When Jungkook doesn't, he puts his phone down in confusion.

"What is it?" he then questions. Jungkook sighs and lies still for another minute. He hates telling bad news. He lifts himself up on his elbows so he can look at Taehyung.

"Next weekend, I have a business trip to Japan," he states boldly. He might as well get it over with.

"What?" Taehyung asks and blinks a few times. "Jungkook you can't, the baptism will happen in the weekend."

"I know, but this is a huge deal!" Jungkook quickly throws out there.

"A huge deal? What can possibly be bigger than family?" Taehyung asks with an lifted eyebrow.

"It's a very important partner of ours, I can't just turn him down... and technically, Jin and Namjoon aren't our family so-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there. My life would literally be hell without Jin, so he is family," Taehyung spits and now sits up as well, a frown clear on his face.

"I know! That's why you should definitely go, but this is just really important-"

"Jungkook, it's work! We have talked about this before, work never comes first," Taehyung replies. Now he's angry.

A baptism is not a small thing, how can Jungkook even think about canceling it?

Namjoon and Jin has been their close friends for so many years, if not the closest. It would be so rude not to show up.

"It's out of question, you're staying home."

"I can't!"

"You have to! Do you even understand how disappointed the others will be? It's not okay Jungkook," the elder says.

Jungkook let's out a groan and falls against the bed. Maybe he can do both? Like travel right after or something?

"Do you hear me?" Taehyung asks. His eyes are burning and he clearly looks mad. So much for having a good day.

"I do..." Jungkook mumbles and then grabs around the other's waist, pulling him down.

"No, let me go," Taehyung struggles to get out of the bigger man's hold, but as expected, he doesn't succeed in the slightest.

"I won't," Jungkook then smiles and kisses Taehyung's neck.

"Brat."

"Born to be~"